Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: So we have yet another convert....

Maple Grove, MN (by way of GA, NC, PA, NC, AL!)
    That's so awesome!!! My DD wants to sew (she's 8) and so does my DS (he's 6 1/2) so one of these days I need to "bite the bullet" and teach them!

How lucky for you! My dd (15) has NO interest, except for me to make her more quilts! LOL I'm glad she likes them, but it'd be so fun to sew along with her. I even have two family Featherweights to pass on someday to her and and my other dd (24) who also doesn't quilt. Maybe someday...

I've always let DD and DS decide whether or not to participate in crafts and such. I figure that they will come to it on their own when they are ready. DS has absolutely NO interest in crafts of any kind. Of course, he is 23, in ROTC and college and his real interest is in video games that shoot!! LOL DD has always been more on the artistic side. She draws, plays music and now wants to sew. Funny how siblings can be soooo different.

I am laughing at all of you moms saying hide your stash. Last week I was fabric shopping with my mom and there was a fabric I was not crazy about and she liked it. Her response to me was - good if you don't like it maybe you won't steal it like you do everything else I buy :)

Blog Entries
    Watch out Mom. Your going to have to lock up your stuff now, or it will go missing.

First thing we did was go to the store and get her "stuff". Scissors, pins, measuring tape, etc, etc... She then made a tool apron and is storing it all there. If I can remember, I'll take pics tonight when I get home.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2