Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • so what is this board? >
  • so what is this board?

• so what is this board?

Old 05-31-2010, 05:53 AM

This Board is the most gracious, generous with ideas, and helpful Board of Ladies and Gentlemen and it would be very difficult to give it a general name. Let anyone ask a question about a past quilting post or just a new question and in just a few posts, the answer appears. I have a dear friend in Indiana (I'm in PA) and we even talk about what appears on the Board when we are on the telephone. Whoever started "Konstantin" must deserve some credit so we could be called "The Konstantin Kiddos" or "KKs." A special "thank you" to ALL of you who are a part of this Board, for sharing both your pictures and ideas and answering so many questions. Sue
    Old 05-31-2010, 06:03 AM

Everyone is saying such WONDERFUL things
    [[[[[[[[[[[[HUGS]]]]]]]]]]]]] to everyone!!!!
    Old 05-31-2010, 06:06 AM
    Dkm

I call it the Quilting Board("sum" imagination), but if I had to describe it. I would say friends, instructors and a whole lot of fun. How could I not when I spend so much time looking, laughing and hoping someday to be as good as what I have seen posted. I know I can ask a question and get lots of GOOD answers. I'm always saying to friends "Well, on the board they said so and so......I can't really say how much I enjoy my time with all of you.
    Old 05-31-2010, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by Aunt Zaz
    Your answer sums it up. I need help to post a question maybe someone the board can help this "quilt friend" figure out how to do so. Remember someone special today.
    I am going to send you a private message and tell you.
    Old 05-31-2010, 06:49 AM

Community = a social, religious, occupational, or other group sharing COMMON CHARACTERISTICS OR INTERESTS and perceived or perceiving itself as DISTINCT IN SOME RESPECTS FROM THE LARGER SOCIETY within which it exists. [Not that many "regular" people "get it" when you talk about half-square triangles, flying geese and scant quarter-inches, do they? Don't their eyes glaze over? Not here!]. The geographical boundaries of community have been removed in cyberworld. Community also implies communion and fellowship, bound together by what we hold in common. And a community supports its members and works to help all achieve their potential.

Yep, I think you are my community. :D
    Old 05-31-2010, 06:56 AM

i love this board and when i refer to it i say the online quilting forum i belong to. i have sno imagination. but from now on i will refer to you as my quilting buddies. i have a shopping friend, but she has only made one quilt. and i have a friend that i help make quilts for her grandbabies, but i don't have a friend that i get together with on a regular basis and quilt with. i really appreciate the help, info, inspiration and laughs that come my way in cyber space. Love you all!!
    Old 05-31-2010, 07:22 AM

[quote=Barbm]how about a cyber quilt guild?

I don't belong to one. I know there is one about 20 min. from me but they are the quilt police. I'm afraid of them. Maybe this could be a guild where quilt police are not allowed.

I agree, there seems to be no quilt police here. That is why this is my favorite on line quilt forum. Also, there is room for other discussions too. Love you all.
    Old 05-31-2010, 08:27 AM

I call us a "quilting forum," which isn't very funny or cute; but my husband gets on the internet to read with others about some sort of thing--sports cars, for instance--and that's what he calls it. He's an engineer so I figure he knows.

When I've needed information about a purchase I'm going to make--a gift for a person who's hard to buy for--I look for "forums" on the topic and ask for recommendations. They are usually tremendously helpful.
    Old 05-31-2010, 08:33 AM

I have to agree with Karen... I can drive somewhat. But not very far. So classes on line, friends on line, buying 95% of my fabrics on line and nowinvolved with the tutorials that this qult supplies.... I am a much appreciative woman.

And may I say... totally off topic.... for all the blue star moms out there, may God protect your loved ones and for those of you who are Gold star moms, I grieve with you, and I so appreciate the support that we give to each other day after day after day. May your hearts be lifted in knowing that at some point you will be able to hold your loved ones again..

bluestarmom
    Old 05-31-2010, 08:37 AM

I think we are a collective group of awesome, talented, funny, and wonderful folks who bring a myriad of life experiences here to share with others. Where else can you learn so much from so many quilters, no matter what their level of experience, shown or taught (many terrific tutorials) for FREE?! You even get to ask the teacher/quilt board friend questions, too! :thumbup:

I too, am disabled, live in a rural area, on a fixed income and do not have the opportunity to go to or take in many classes. This board is the perfect place to learn about techniques or ask questions about those we're having some trouble with. Members are kind enough to post links to other sites with additional info and sales, too. An extra bonus for me has been the Classified Ads section, where I've been able to sell off a lot of my overgrown stash, books and patterns that I thought I needed at one time. Many thanks to all of you who have purchased from me.

This is the one place that I have seen so many people being so willing to help anyone out however they could. That's hard to come by anymore.

So, I still don't know what to call this board. Thing is, it's doing just fine the way it is. How anyone refers to it is going to be a personal choice, but what I'm reading here is that it is a very positive place to be, and one that brings a lot of joy to a lot of folks. I kindly refer to this place as my online quilt community, and much more. Just keep being nice, helpful, sharing and caring and funny folks, and I'll stay here.

Thanks to everyone for all you bring to this place! :thumbup: