Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Soap Opera's get picked up >

Soap Opera's get picked up

Soap Opera's get picked up

Old 07-08-2011, 02:31 AM

I see my "one life to live and "all my children" which were cancelled after 40 yrs on ABC will cont. on the internet.
I just hope I'll have the time to follow the story line and take the time to pull it up on the internet. It's so much easier when you can tape it from the tv and watch it at your leisure...Or catch it at night on "soapnet"...But I guess eventually more and more shows will go to the internet and TV will be the dinosaur....
Old 07-08-2011, 02:41 AM
Power Poster

I don't watch those, but would hate to see the one I watch cancelled.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:44 AM

Where will One Life to Live be online?
Eventually all of the soap operas will get ousted and replaced with talk or reality shows.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:48 AM

My youngest daughter acted in AMC a few years ago. I taped her episodes, but have never watched Soaps on a regular basis. My mil loved both of them.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:13 AM

My two favs were cancelled a couple of years ago, Guiding Light and As the World Turns, I watched them as a child with my grandmother. Now I don't have any interest in any of the others. Of course my true Favorite Dark Shadows has be cancelled practically forever!!!! I used to race home after school each day to watch it :) :) :)
Old 07-08-2011, 09:33 AM

I wonder if the actors will be paid the same & if not, will they stay? I find it hard to believe that some of those actors would be able to make the same amount of money on internet based shows. I also wonder if you can pull the shows up at any time like you can a lot of shows on the internet or if you'll have to watch them at a certain time. Guess we'll have to wait & see...
Old 07-08-2011, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Terryl
My two favs were cancelled a couple of years ago, Guiding Light and As the World Turns, I watched them as a child with my grandmother. Now I don't have any interest in any of the others. Of course my true Favorite Dark Shadows has be cancelled practically forever!!!! I used to race home after school each day to watch it :) :) :)
Dark Shadows me too...Came home from school and watched...Now sometimes you can catch reruns on cable and they are so laughable...
Old 07-08-2011, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by DebsShelties
Where will One Life to Live be online?
Eventually all of the soap operas will get ousted and replaced with talk or reality shows.
They haven't stated yet...But AMC goes off in Sept and OLTL Jan...and I guess they will announce where you can find them at that pt.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Maggiemay
I wonder if the actors will be paid the same & if not, will they stay? I find it hard to believe that some of those actors would be able to make the same amount of money on internet based shows. I also wonder if you can pull the shows up at any time like you can a lot of shows on the internet or if you'll have to watch them at a certain time. Guess we'll have to wait & see...
They said same cast will go to internet...nothing abt salaries...Seems it's going to be a site owned by Disney...
And the last day on TV same story lines will cont. on internet.