Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Soft Fusible Web >

Soft Fusible Web

Soft Fusible Web

Old 08-11-2010, 07:36 AM

it's me again. I was looking for a very soft fusible so did some researching. I found a product called Shades Soft fuse, a fusible web and then I found Soft Fuse, it is a fusible interfacing. I have emailed both sites and talked to them about uses..I think it gets rather confusing if you aren't careful what you are getting. I ordered Shades Soft Fuse but haven't gotten to try it yet. I will let you know when I do. I hope someone else has had experince with it and can give some input.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:34 AM

Just a note on fusibles , when fusing batiks , heat and bond light and heavy will stain the fabric... kinda oily exaclty where the heat on bond is placed. Because it was not used for the entire piece of an applique it was very abvious. It does not show up immediatley. It ruined a project I was finished with ... when to do some final pressing and there it was .. this very apparent stain. It showed up after a few times of pressing and then cooling. Must be something that might be leftoever chemicals reacting with the heat and bond. I have not it happen with Wonder under or steam a seam when using batiks. Not sure why these brands react differnently.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:47 AM

I've used Shades Soft Fuse for machine applique projects. I like it because it is lightweight and not stiff yet gives a good bond. It also doesn't tend to separate - a problem I've had with other products (fuse separating from the paper). A few years ago there was a product called Vilene which I loved - but can't seem to find it any more.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:43 AM

I have used French Fuse and love it. I bought it at Hancocks and I think it's 54 or 58 inches wide.