Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Soooooooo Glad April is OVER >
  • Soooooooo Glad April is OVER

• Soooooooo Glad April is OVER

Old 05-04-2011, 02:01 PM

Awwww. Hope you get your baby fixed up really soon. Sounds like a good time to do some cutting, hand sewing and things like that to occupy your time. You'll really appreciate that baby when she is well.
    Old 05-04-2011, 03:15 PM

Well it sounds like now that you have had a really bad month you are due for some really good ones!
    Old 05-04-2011, 03:30 PM

My mom passed on the 30th, so I'm my way home for a funeral
    I shouldn't complain I had my 60 yrs here on earth. Some are not so lucky.Mt. here I come
    Old 05-04-2011, 05:49 PM

That's how I started using my Singer 201. My viking die in the middle of a quilt so I pulled the 201 I inherited up out of the cabinet, vacuumed the dust off, oiled it completely and put on a walking foot. Now the Viking is collecting dust! lol
    Old 05-04-2011, 06:26 PM

So glad you were not in Alabama on April 17. Bobbi
    Old 05-04-2011, 07:41 PM

That machine should have a 25 year warranty on some major parts. I would check into that.
    Old 05-04-2011, 07:43 PM

katcox, I'm Very sorry for the loss of your mom. I lost my mother at 26, but I don't care if you're 100, the loss is never easy. Prayers going up for you.
    Old 05-04-2011, 10:18 PM

How long is the wait time to get your machine repaired? If it's 3 weeks like it is around here. I would take it in now, by the time it's ready the retirement stuff will be all taken care of and your baby will be ready to come home.

Best of luck to you. When this is all over you will be comforting the rest of us. That's what we do for each other isn't it. Lift up, comfort, support. We as a group are your go to people!
    Old 05-04-2011, 10:26 PM

Here is hoping your baby is fixed soon! I remember having my machine freeze up, and what an awful feeling that is!
    Old 05-05-2011, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by quilterella
    They say "it comes in threes", but, I don't know about that. April sure was one strength testing month. First, my car died, leaving me stranded on the side of the road. Two days later DH's car decided it wanted attention to, so, it left him at work one night, stranded. Next was the two sump pumps that run 24/7 in the basement this time of year...no need to tell you what fun a wet basement is. DH retired the 28th of April so thought okay things will get better...not! The icing on the cake was last Thursday. I went to the sewing room for some quality time with my Janome 6600P and it died. Every ERROR message is lit up across the screen and that is all I get. OH NO!!! This is my lifeline, my baby. I have had her for 6 yrs and never had a problem with her. I called 2 service places and then called Janome. All three said "sounds like the contol board or the motor...may not be fixable. The real kicker is now that DH has retired, I have to wait for atleast 6-8 weeks before we can take her to be fixed or even looked at, until all his retirement stuff is in order. I do have a small machine as a backup, but, it is nowhere near the quality of my Janome 6600. I know I should be thankful that I do have the backup...but, I want my baby back(Yes I am Spoiled). Okay...I'm done whining...but, I knew my family on the quilt forum would understand!!!
    Boy, do I feel your pain. Car broke down twice in three weeks. Well pump got hit by lightening and I had to have oral surgery to have a back molar removed. May's gotta be better.