Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: South Carolina - Charleston area

South Carolina - Charleston area

Does anyone know of any must see quilt shops in the Charleston South Carolina area?
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

"When Life Gives you Scraps - Make Quilts"

Blog Entries
    There was a nice quilt shop in downtown Charleston last time I was there which has been several years ago. It was close to the big market where all the food and vendors set up. And I think it was an extension of a bigger shop in other town. I can't think of the name. I love Charleston, it's the only town that is serious about preserving history, I mean really serious. Go Charleston! Don't forget to buy a sweetgrass basket.
    Got fabric?

There is a new one in Summerville, but I don't know the name...S'ville's only about 20 miles from Chas...good luck!
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

I was in the Summerville shop today and they told me the one downtown Charleston is closing. The Summervile shop is called People, Places and Quilts and is at 129 W. Richardson Ave.

thanks! I will do some searches also - I think I will be there for a week in June.
    Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Suzann View Post
    I was in the Summerville shop today and they told me the one downtown Charleston is closing. The Summervile shop is called People, Places and Quilts and is at 129 W. Richardson Ave.
    Down town one is closed. This Summerville address is good. Also in Summerville is sew-n-sew, on hwy 17 a next to jiffy lube. You can google it. Ther is a small shop in mt pleasant,but I don't know where it is. I am about an he away from Summerville, in Orangeburg. We have a quilt shop here and we are on I26. Pm me I'd you want info on it.. Vicki
    Vicki Mc in SC
    www.jacksonpatchquilt.blogspot.com

I will just be in Charleston and not a lot of time for quilt shops, I was just interested for the immediate area of the historical district - might get to Summerville but not sure
    Karen