Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
spring houston >

spring houston

spring houston

Old 01-31-2015, 05:36 AM

I' d love tot meet you! As we are at the beginning of planning our trip in Sept I will get back tot you when things are clear.
Old 01-31-2015, 07:00 AM

Houston is a huge area city with lots of suburbs and smaller cities!! -- Spring is the north postal area reaching from just north of the airport into the next county (The Woodlands in Montgomery Cty, my area) with Conroe being the next city north of Houston (all built up along I45 north)-- Old Town Spring (a really neat shopping place) and area have several good quilt shops as well as the Conroe one mentioned by Barb in LA -- hope you enjoy your visit-- bring warm weather clothes as it is usually hot here in September
Old 01-31-2015, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by pinot View Post
I' d love tot meet you! As we are at the beginning of planning our trip in Sept I will get back tot you when things are clear.

Something to think about. The International Quilt Festival in Houston at the George R Brown Convention Center will be happening Oct 28 to Nov 1. It is one of the biggest quilt show and vendor display/sales in the world. Quilters from all over the world plan vacations to be in Houston during the show. I don't know if you could, but putting off a trip for a couple of months to get to see this is a "must" for a quilter. Wednesday is preview night. Only a few hours, but enough to get your feet wet. My friend & I dedicate one whole day to seeing the quilts and the rest of the time with the vendors. The George R Brown is not far from where you will be in Spring. Not far being about 27 miles - maybe 43 kilometers. (Gotta love the Internet for conversion factors!)

Last edited by Barb in Louisiana; 01-31-2015 at 07:12 AM.
Old 01-31-2015, 08:36 AM

Thanks Diane! Maybe we could meet too and Barb, we already thought about the quiltshow in Houston. We' re at the beginning of planning the trip.
We' ve been to the Paducah show last year, it was great! Had to bring another suitcase for all the fabric and tools we bought!