Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: st judes foundation

Blog Entries

st judes foundation

I read on this site somewhere that some folks donate their quilts to charitys etc. I thought this is a great idea -helping people with God given talants He bless us with. Here in Memphis we have a huge St. Judes Foundation, and i have decided to try to collect as much fabrics as i can and make lil quilts for the kids. Since im returning to quilting after 23 years, my stash is like a big fat 0. Im working on getting scraps, fat quarters, good will finds, etc. A girlfriend will join me in fall to also help. So i need all the ideas of how to find cheap and free fabs for my quest. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Craigslist can be a good source. Also check newspapers for garage sales that mention quilters or fabric. Google freecycle to find a freecycle group in your area. You can usually post an "Ask" once a week on freecycle. (Freecycle is for recycling goods for free. Mostly it is for people who have something they want to give away.)

Also, try joining a quilt guild. You can do a "show and tell" of one of your quilts and mention that you are collecting fabrics for more quilts, or you may be able to place a notice in the guild newsletter.

Have you checked with the foundation first to ensure they aren't already being covered by Project Linus??

Blog Entries
    thx for the suggestions and advice. I will check into all the above.