Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Stabilizers >

Stabilizers

Stabilizers

Old 10-08-2012, 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by Toni C View Post
http://www.rnkdistributing.com/cid-3...-Products.html
you can find a dealer from the top near you.
These are good ones; not sure where you live but here I can also buy them at Sew n Vac. I also get alot of stabliziers at Joanns or Hancocks on the bolt. Its a good price plus I have large hoops that I normally will do lots of designs at once to save me time and to get the other stabilizers large enough you pay more. These are pretty wide so I can put it on the hoop length wise or sideways. I take them home and wrap them around the pool "noodles" that I've cut to the right length. Sometimes I can get the heavier ones from Walmarts like Timex and it is alot cheaper than quilt stores.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by Happy Tails View Post
I looked at Joanns and the sale ends today, so which one would I buy that tears away the cleanest - without leaving all kinds of fuzzy...lol know what I mean?
Most of the ones that say tear away will work. You have clear ones and mesh ones so there are different ones to chose from. If you are unsure which will be good for a project you could always buy some of each and test it out. Also emblibrary.com has alot on stabliziers and most machines like Viking has alot on their website. The other site that is listed here RNK also has lots of tutorials on it.