Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Stamping on fabric

Quote Originally Posted by clsurz View Post
    The best place to learn about dying, stamping and such is at Dharma Trading Co. online.
    Dharma is one of many good resources, but definitely not the only one. To call it the best is purely a subjuctive opinion.
    The Earth without art is just "Eh".

Yes, muslin is cotton and also comes with a blend, check the boards they are wrapped on.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennie and Me View Post
    Heat setting is when you press the project with a hot iron. (Or whatever heat is suggested for your fabric) The heat "sets" the ink.
    You can learn so much here...isn't this great?!!
    Let me add to this; make sure you put a cloth between your inked design and your iron so that you don't end up with ink on your iron. I'd hate for you to get ink on your iron; they can be bears to clean.
    Judy

Thanks for the info on stamping fabric. I ordered cotton gauze to make 47" swaddle blankets for my niece's twins, due in November. She has been put on bed rest and I'm trying to come up with a few non-sewing craft projects to take her.

She loves these Aden and Anais swaddle blankets-- http://www.adenandanais.com/shop/ite...ID=22&SKU=2027, with the little designs stamped on them. I think I will spend way more on fabric, thread, and stamping supplies than if I had bought a pack!
    Elizabeth

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tngal22 View Post
    Stamp test #2: Pre-washed and pressed all fabric; stamped and heat set, washed in hot water.

BEFORE:

AFTER: Muslin and cheaper fabric did the best. The Bella Solid faded some. Knit not shown but it faded badly.

Interesting Sabrina... looks like muslin and cheaper fabric is best. Thank you for all you have shown here. It's very helpful.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2