Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Star quilts for Wounded Soldiers

Has anyone heard how many quilts were made for this project. I sent two stars and understood we would be told when they were finished and pictures would be posted. I may have missed it. Where were they distributed?

I believe Candlequilter received too few at first to get started. Not sure how many were made from here and sent. But to my knowledge, you didnt miss any assembled quilts yet. You may want to PM her. I sure saw a bunch of pretty ones here. :)

From a previous post, they expected 1,800 stars and got 15,000! A much greater response than they obviously expected! Isn't that wonderful?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfkitty
    From a previous post, they expected 1,800 stars and got 15,000! A much greater response than they obviously expected! Isn't that wonderful?
    Oh maybe Im thinking of the wrong stars then???

Just one star? Moda or Candlequilter paper pieced star? 1,800 stars needed, recieved 15,000 was Moda's Just one star

Blog Entries
    I thought candel. Stars were a pattern she was asking ppl to make ??

Quote Originally Posted by grammy17
    Has anyone heard how many quilts were made for this project. I sent two stars and understood we would be told when they were finished and pictures would be posted. I may have missed it. Where were they distributed?
    Which project are you talking about? The moda one star or the one Candlequilter was doing with the paper piece pattern she was giving member in exchange for them to make one block and send to her. I know that she is trying to get the ones that she has received grouped together to start making a quilt or two out of them, but the numbers that she has received have been alot less than promised. I also know that she is disappointed in the fact that people didn't follow thru with their promises.