Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Stares You in the Face >

Stares You in the Face

Stares You in the Face

Old 10-04-2023, 06:11 AM

Smile Stares You in the Face

This morning I somewhat picked up the sewing room because I needed space to cut binding and attatch it to a queen quilt. In the process I had to move things around, including 6 small totes (10 x 14) wtih partial blocks I'd sewn this year but haven't finished. Some are flying geese, pyramids, four patch, some half square triangles. When would I get time to finish these???
Then while making the beds, the row by row quilts popped into my head. I've never made one of those! If I appliqued some blossoms, added a bird or two, maybe houses too I'd have a row by row quilt. It was stareing me in the face all year...never realized it until this morning. I put post it notes on all those totes. Will start this after I do the binding on that queen quilt, and make some pillow cases for children with cancer. Yippee!! I'll have another finish soon!!
Old 10-04-2023, 06:35 AM
Power Poster

Great idea and it will be fun to make. I had a lot of orphan blocks I had made over time and was tired of having them stored. I sashed each one to all be the same size and sewed them together willy nilly. I made a Gypsy Boho Scrappy Rag quilt. My grandaughter claimed it immediately.
Old 10-04-2023, 08:19 AM

serendipity
I make a lot of sample blocks prior to actually cutting for a pattern, and there are always left over blocks from projects. This summer I packed up a medium flat rate box stuffed with them and sent the to a friend that loves sampler style quilts and leftovers.

What I do with boxed projects that have passed their pull by date is turn them into double sided bedrunners. That way I can enjoy multiple quilts at the same time.
Looking forward to seeing your row quilt!