Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Stencil size question

Stencil size question

I have made a quilt top that is made entirely of 6 inch 1/2 sq. triangles, creating 6 inch finished blocks. I am wondering what size round or square shaped stencil I should use to mark the top. If I go with a triangular design on each side what size do I choose?

I was thinking 5 inches for a round or square design but I just don't know.
    Tracy

Blog Entries
    i prefer something somewhat simple but with soft curves like this http://quiltingstencils.com/weddingflower6.aspx
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

The size is all according to what you're doing. If you're adding feathers around the circle, you need a small circle. If it's JUST the circle.....I'd make it so the circle is at least 1/2" from the straight sides of the block.
    Dee

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." by George Bernard Shaw