Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
stipple quilting >

stipple quilting

stipple quilting

Old 01-20-2011, 05:37 PM

I have been quilting awhile. I want to do stipple quilting now on the whole quilt. How do I do this, do I mark the quilt?Or do I need to have it long arm quilted to have the all over stipple . Thanks for any help
Old 01-20-2011, 05:44 PM

No need to mark the quilt. You can stipple on a domestic machine. If the quilt is much bigger than a twin it can get quite tricky but can be done. Spray basting helps too. If you've never stippled before I would do some practice pieces about 12x12 squares. Some arent naturals at it and some are. I personally am not. I've not done a large quilt yet. Good luck with your quilt, would love to see a picture when your finished.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:44 PM

i stipple quilt with my regular old machine. it is just an easy meander. the first time i did one, i did it way too small. it is really quite simple once you get the hang of it. practice first on some small sandwiches, using the same type of batting that you use for your quilt. sometimes it helps also to practice with paper first, with no thread in the machine, just to get a feel for what you are doing.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by happyscrappy
i stipple quilt with my regular old machine. it is just an easy meander. the first time i did one, i did it way too small. it is really quite simple once you get the hang of it. practice first on some small sandwiches, using the same type of batting that you use for your quilt. sometimes it helps also to practice with paper first, with no thread in the machine, just to get a feel for what you are doing.
I forgot all about practicing on paper! Thanks for the reminder. :)