Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Stitch in the ditch with a queen sized quilt? >

Stitch in the ditch with a queen sized quilt?

Stitch in the ditch with a queen sized quilt?

Old 10-18-2011, 12:55 AM

What works for me is having an extension table for your machine which provides more flat space; quilting glove to help quide the quilt.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:38 AM

I quilt queen sized or even King on my Janome 6500 or vintage Singer 201 all the time and I freguently use SID with my walking foot. I start by doing the full length of the quilt through the middle both ways. I then have the quilt divided into four sections and go from there. I don't roll mine. I just sort of bunch it up (it helps to have a flat working space surrounding the machine) or else it is all dragging on the floor. It also helps to work on it for an hour or so and then take a break. If you try marathon quilting sessions, you will probably get a little stiff and sore from wrestling all that fabric around. I don't have gloves but do use a set of those magic discs which really grip the fabric well. I can't seem to get my quilts quite as flat as doing them on the long arm (it pulls it tighter than just pinning) but they are quite acceptable for everyday use. I only get the really special quilts long arm quilted.