Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Stitchers mini quilt room...got one? :) Bet you do! >

Stitchers mini quilt room...got one? :) Bet you do!

Stitchers mini quilt room...got one? :) Bet you do!

Old 06-21-2014, 07:15 AM

I have a container, actually a couple of them, just like yours and love them. I also have various baskets, totes of all sizes from small pencil holder size to large to extra large, plastic bags, tins etc. Love to collect, use and display all sorts of containers.
Old 06-21-2014, 07:55 AM

My easiest grab 'n go is a small blue fishing tackle box I got at the thrift store for $2. It has a good sized open area in the bottom, and two layer folding trays that fit into the lid and are partitioned to hold tools, thread, etc. They had a bigger one, which I also bought for $3 that was not pretty, lol, and I decoupaged it with flowers from catalogs and that is now my jewelry box. That one has 3 folding shelves in the top for earrings, bracelets, etc. In the bottom, I keep things that come in boxes rather than being loose. I store my necklaces on wooden expanding hangers so they are easy to see and don't get tangled. Plus they look pretty hanging on the wall.
Old 06-21-2014, 08:06 AM

You are all so creative.
Old 06-21-2014, 08:23 AM

My mini "mini" is a Crystal Lite container with lid. I can store my little sharp scissors, seam ripper, marker pen, thread and small items I am stitching on. It fits into the handle slot on my car door for easy access. When I start doing hexies, they will fit in there nicely too.
Old 06-21-2014, 08:26 AM

*** Love your mini sewing room.
*** Your house are beautiful and will make a super nice quilt.
Old 06-21-2014, 08:30 AM

My to-go sewing room is an 8x10 zippered fabric make-up travel case with dividers (zipper closed of course) and it also has a handle. I found it at Goodwill for $4. I can open it up on a flat surface or hold it on my lap. Either one is really convenient.

It is perfect for the hexies that I make when I am waiting (doctor's office, watching kids at park, etc). It has a total of 4 sections that are great for dividing my tools, fabric squares, finished hexies and those in progress.
Old 06-21-2014, 09:04 AM

A Swiffers refill makes a nice "mini sewing room" also. The lid is clear and allows you to see the contents.
Old 06-21-2014, 09:14 AM

SewExtremeSeams, I was lusting after the crystal lite container last time I got groceries. Don't care for the drink so left it on the grocery shelf wishing it was somewhere else

SewFlower, Kalama is small small, if I need something I go down and cruise the antique mall until I see something that will work for what I'm looking for. Lucked out on the pink singer tin, $4.00.
The smaller tin is an altoid tin with the lid appliqued then embellished with buttons and beads.
We deserve pretty things!

Thanks all for the house comments, they are fun to make. The ones at the bottom of the photos are paper pieced. I do those when I'm sitting with my mother.
The cheddar ones are from a rubber stamp set I bought here
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1506029...es-from-scraps
Pricy but years worth of entertainment once I bit the bullet and bought the set.

You all have been really creative! I'd like to see the longaberger little baskets!
I'd like to see photos of all the mini sewing rooms
Old 06-21-2014, 10:03 AM

I have been using a craft box (looks similar to a toolbox) to carry my pincushion makings.
Old 06-21-2014, 01:12 PM

My on the go bag is usually something for crocheting. Sometimes it's cotton thread to make dishcloths and sometimes just using up scrap yarn making granny squares. I have to have something to do when I'm going to be sitting or I'll go nuts!
I don't do any hand sewing except for binding and that wouldn't be a good on the go project.