Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Stonehenge Triangle Frenzy

Stonehenge Triangle Frenzy

Donít have enough to do both but canít decide which I like best! What do you all think?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Oh that is wonderful. beautiful fabric to use that way. Really makes a statement! The more the merrier. second one!

Both are really lovely, but I like the movement in the first one better.

Power Poster
    Both are beautiful! Try pinning the 2 center triangles in the top runner. This was my problem area for a good match. I believe that crossover section would be better cut with one large piece of fabric rather then 2 triangles. If you get a good match, then you can do either one but I am leaning towards the second one for more fabric impact.

I am a sucker for optical illusions, but in this case I think the second makes a bigger impact.
    "Never cruel, nor cowardly, never give up, never give in."

Let's take care of the Earth, it is the only planet that for sure has Chocolate.

Sonic screwdrivers, fez, bow ties, and Stetsons are cool.

Both very nice. #2 would be my pick.

I like both and really like the fabric.
    Do you have enough to do the first but with an additional section (on the right) with the darker border?
    That gives the movement someone said they liked AND the symmetry some others might like.

:-0 Don't you hate people who complicate things???

Thank you Tartan, I do have the AB triangle cut for the first one, just used the triangles singly to try to get a feel for the best layout. You all certainly have a way of confusing me even more, LOL, actually opinions are important and once I make a decision, will post that. XOXO L.

Linda MRB yes, your idea is probably valid too! Back to the drawing board, or rather the messy table!

Can't wait to see what you decide! It's looking good!

Blog Entries
    I really like the second one, probably because I've seen a hundred done like the first one.

WOW…..I really like what you did. However, I'm a sucker for symmetrical design so I vote for the 2nd one. Love to see it when completed.

Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs
    Blog Entries
    I usually prefer symmetry, but...the first one has the “things are going somewhere” ida, so I like that better.
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it difficult to plan the day.

Kris

Power Poster
    Both are intriguing.

Amazing how the same pieces/fabrics can look so different when arranged differently.

I do like the movement in the first - and I also like the "settledness" but going in circles - look of the second one.

I vote for #2. You get more bang for your buck in the fabrics, jmho.
    Jennifer: Organized in my dreams.
    🌷RIP dear Tigger....you are missed!
    Buddybear's Mom ...Yorkie Fur Baby

I like the first one the best.

Dina

I pick the second one. They're both nice, but I like the way it has a middle section.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

MamaLinda, I like the longer size of the second one better. You can use more of your fabric with it, and you wouldn't 'waste' your effort you put into making the extra triangles. Will it be a table runner? If so, I think if there were things on it, you would notice the pattern of the fabric better with the bigger size. Plus, the circle seems like the base of a teepee, and although the figures aren't exactly American Indian, I like the illusion it creates. The shorter 'S' shaped pattern doesn't flatter the fabric so much, and, I agree with Peckish, I've seen it quite a bit so it doesn't do much for me, anyway, in this instance.

I like the 1st one, but I love the 2nd one. It just looks more even. Love the fabric. Please show us what you choose when its finished.

My real first name starts with S, so the first one grabbed my attention. I like both, but the sinuous curves of the S shape attract me more.

The second one, definitely! It really showcases the fabrics, looks balanced, and to my eye--looks complete. The first one left me wanting a third piece. The second one gave me a settled feeling.

I like both so of course I'm no help!
    I have that pattern but haven't done it yet.

Even as they are, I prefer the symmetry of the second one as it shows off the fabric rather than the design. Final decision might be the use you will have for it. Do you have space for the longer one? Do you intend to put something in the center of the design (flowers, candle or such)? If you intend to put something there, probably #2 would be best but, if you have 2 things, #1.

I love the second one. I've done a number of these in both styles, and once they are all done, I've always preferred the second layout - a much more finished look. Beautiful fabric!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
    I really like the second one, probably because I've seen a hundred done like the first one.
    So where have I been? I don't remember seeing this before. Can anyone tell me where to get this pattern.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast