Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
storing fabric >

storing fabric

storing fabric

Old 11-11-2010, 07:46 AM

I need to find some new storage for my fabric. It has to be able to fit in a closet under a staircase. I hope to move it to a bedroom later when older child moves out.LOL I was looking at the sterlite at walmart but not sure how much each will hold. I have mine in a large dresser now, but need to sell it and get it out of my dining room. So now off to the closet. And no the dresser won't fit in the closet. It is also not my taste so out it goes. I want the new stuff to go in the bedroom closet later. Any idea and pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Jan
Old 11-11-2010, 08:52 AM

I have mine stored in the really large tubs. I also have used the large flat ones and slid them under beds. Mostly it's just a matter of organizing and storing it so that it's easily accessible and you know what's in each tub. No one else can really help you with that, it's just a matter of what you prefer. I've never had any problems with storing things in tubs other than I now have too many tubs to fit into my closets. LOL
Old 11-11-2010, 09:31 AM
Power Poster

I store mine in totes like you are describing. They are under my quilt frame. Only problem is they seem to be multiplying. They are taking over my bedroom. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 11-11-2010, 11:14 AM

I store some of mine in a tall doorless cabinet. The rest I stack in the tubs. I have those stored under my cutting table. Oh and I have some stored in a couple of small cabindts in the hall way. As you can see It is am slowly wondering out of the sewing room.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:23 AM

I put some of mine in printer paper boxes with lids and stack them on each other. My boyfriend gets empty boxes from Bank of America.