Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Straight Pin end covers

cls

I saw something about covers for the ends of straight pins. I prefer to use them when I am sandwiching etc. It was interesting, but now I can't find them or remember what they were called.
    Would love some help. ;)

http://www.pinmoor.com/

Is this what ur looking for?

Blog Entries
    Earplugs work the same. LOL

cls

Thanks, I try pinmoor.com.....sounds right C

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwick156
    Earplugs work the same. LOL
    How do they compare price wise.

I just ordered some - they were having a closeout on a green color, around $7 less that current price, so I ordered those. I have a real problem with my pins working their way out of my fabric when I'm doing fleece/flannel quilts. These look like they will definitely solve my problem!

Blog Entries
    I have tried everything from earplugs to earring backs. Nothing works as good as the Pinmoors. You won't regret buying them sale or no sale. I ordered packages of the green too while they are on sale. One thing I discovered. Good quality pins makes all the difference. I use the thin sharp glass head pins.

They are called pinmoor

I'm not sure of the posted but don't somebody post about cutting up wine bottle corks and useing them on the pins?
    Scrapy quilts have more love in them.

Ear plugs in bulk from hardware store are cheaper and work the same.

Blog Entries
    On the opposite end of the pin do you have trouble with the flower headed pins pulling off? If so could you use pinmores when the flower head comes off.
    Finished is better than a UFO

My GF and I made these using clear silicone glue. Cut the tip of the tube as big as you want the strip of silicone to be .Squeeze out onto foil in a straight line. Let dry and cut into the desired length. We made hundreds of them with one $3.00 tube. Let them dry outside because of the smell. They seem to heal themselves when you take the pin out. Love them.
    Love the OLD, UGLY, & WELL LOVED

Blog Entries
    This thread is 3 yrs old. Why do people search out old threads and reply/bump with the same thing that's already been posted?

Gale, I never looked at the original date that this was posted. Sorry!!!!
    Love the OLD, UGLY, & WELL LOVED

Blog Entries
    It wasn't you. Gourdsgalore is the one that bumped and he/she bumped it with a reply that was pretty much the same as a previous one. I'm just confused, I guess.

Many times new and older members are doing exactly what members ask them to do, use the search feature. When new members join and ask a question thats been asked and answered many times they are usually directed to the search box. Many times the older threads have information that really should be brought to the top. For those who don't like looking at the old threads you can see when it was originally posted by looking under the thread name. Sometimes we learn from the past, this includes forum threads and posts.

Blog Entries
    But the person that bumped it was obviously not looking for information. They gave information. That had already been given. It just doesn't make sense to me. It doesn't ruin my day or anything but I think it's fair to mention that it's old so that people posting to it don't wonder why the OP doesn't answer (they may not be around anymore) or why the information may be outdated.

Blog Entries
    I love my PinMoors, best thing they came out with besides spray basting. I do both when I quilt mine, as I am new to quilting on my machine, and it has been easy to do and haven't had any problems. Did pick up some earplugs too at dollar tree the other day, as I didn't have enough of the other. Good buy for those. 8 in pkg.

I don't see what difference it makes if the post is old or not. Still good info for new members and refresher for old ones.
    My two cents: Earplugs, corks, foam, and other items can not compare to Pinmoors.
    I love my life!

Blog Entries
    Well I did say why I think it should be mentioned. I never said old threads should never be bumped but when someone does it, it's fair to mention it in case the previous posters are no longer members and people wonder why they aren't responding to questions.

At any rate I don't see what difference it makes if someone is curious about something and says so.

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
    I have tried everything from earplugs to earring backs. Nothing works as good as the Pinmoors. You won't regret buying them sale or no sale. I ordered packages of the green too while they are on sale. One thing I discovered. Good quality pins makes all the difference. I use the thin sharp glass head pins.
    I Agree Pinmoors work best

Blog Entries
    I didn't think about pinmores when I read the title. My first though was the flower head pins and how these ends pull off so easily. I'm fed up of having to get out tweezers to pull them out after the head comes off.
    I have used the pinmore but found them bulky.
    Finished is better than a UFO

I looove my pinmoors! I think I have 150 of them now and could use at least another 50. (Especially since I tend to have multiple projects going at once)

I keep mine in a clear jar up on a shelf in my sewing room and they're a mix of colors because I buy whatever's on sale. My nephew was CONVINCED they were candy and didn't believe my explanation of what they were until I let him "have" one. He took it and squeezed it and handed it back with a really disgusted look in his face. "That's not candy! That's an ERASER." LOL!

I think I'm closing in on 300 Pinmoors (I look for their sales). I like the clear jar idea - versus the open dish they are currently sitting in. Fortunately I don't have cats, so I don't have to worry about chasing them around the house.

Cheers, K
    Last edited by CorgiNole; 04-10-2014 at 06:32 AM.

This may be an old thread, but, I glad it has popped up again-I've never heard of Pinmores.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast