Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Straight Stitch Machines >

Straight Stitch Machines

Straight Stitch Machines

Old 09-18-2022, 02:40 AM

I have the BabyLock Accomplish. It's a high speed straight stitch with a large throat, thread cutter, needle up or down on stop, etc. I do Piecing, FMQ, and Ruler Quilting on it. I like it a lot.
Old 09-18-2022, 05:02 AM

Default Straight stitch

Hands down, Janome HD9. I did alot of research on this machine before i purchased it. There are alot of comparisons and reviews about this machine versus the JUKI.
JUKI are good machines, however the Janome HD9 came out ahead on the features. This is a heavy duty machine that can sew thru 8 layers of vinyl And even more layers of denim.
I use it in making bags. Quilt piecing and free motion. The Bobbins hold almost 1.5 times more thread. The throat space is 9 inches to the right of the needle, and 6 inches high throat space.
it sews 1600 stitches per minute and has variable speed, auto thread cutter and many other features.
Old 09-18-2022, 06:42 AM

I have a Juki TL2010 which I love and also have 2 Pfaffs which I love for their individual attributes. If you go to YouTube look for Juki Junkies https://www.youtube.com/c/JukiJunkies. They have videos posted of the TL machines and what the differences are between the machines currently for sale, they just recently added video on the new TL-15. They also have videos on just about everything you ever needed to know about Juki sewing machines.
Old 09-18-2022, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Lady Diana View Post
Hands down, Janome HD9. I did alot of research on this machine before i purchased it. There are alot of comparisons and reviews about this machine versus the JUKI.
JUKI are good machines, however the Janome HD9 came out ahead on the features. This is a heavy duty machine that can sew thru 8 layers of vinyl And even more layers of denim.
I use it in making bags. Quilt piecing and free motion. The Bobbins hold almost 1.5 times more thread. The throat space is 9 inches to the right of the needle, and 6 inches high throat space.
it sews 1600 stitches per minute and has variable speed, auto thread cutter and many other features.
I forgot to list a you tube video. MA Couture why I bought Janome hd9 versus........
Old 09-18-2022, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Three Dog Night View Post
I have a Juki TL2010 which I love and also have 2 Pfaffs which I love for their individual attributes. If you go to YouTube look for Juki Junkies https://www.youtube.com/c/JukiJunkies. They have videos posted of the TL machines and what the differences are between the machines currently for sale, they just recently added video on the new TL-15. They also have videos on just about everything you ever needed to know about Juki sewing machines.

YES !!!! I will be getting this TL 2010 on Wednesday !!! I did my research .... has speed control, thread cutter ..... Large throat space !!!! Facebook has a JukiJunkies page with LOTS of information !!!
Old 09-18-2022, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by miz mary View Post
YES !!!! I will be getting this TL 2010 on Wednesday !!! I did my research .... has speed control, thread cutter ..... Large throat space !!!! Facebook has a JukiJunkies page with LOTS of information !!!
Congratulations on your decision and I love the Juki Junkies Facebook page, so much helpful information.
Old 09-19-2022, 02:55 AM

I have a Janome 1600P that is all straight stitch and is what I use for my actual quilting. Love this work horse. Has an 11 inch throat and speed control. Wouldn't trade it for anything.
Old 09-19-2022, 02:01 PM

[QUOTE=Goatmom;8567181]I'm thinking about adding a straight stitch machine to my sewing room. The two must haves is controlling the speed and a larger throat size. I will probably have to order one as I'm about 3 hours from a shop that would have any to try out. I have read the information on the Brother PQ1500.

Since you asked for comments I would suggest that you find a dealer who carries both Janome HD9 and Juki. I always call Kenssewing.com for advice and information on machines. They sell Janome and Juki.
Kens could have sold me an expensive scan n cut, but recommended my keeping my Janome cutter, even though it didn't have features like the scan n cut. I have purchased numerous machines from them. They recommended the HD9. The Janome HD9 has some better features compared to the Juki 2010.

The HD9 V2 jumbo bobbin was a big plus since I do free motion and I can wind bobbins when sewing, since the bobbin Winder motor is independent of the machine motor.. JUKIM2010 does not have separate motor.
The Janome weighs 32 lbs, to Juki 25.3.
The Janome has a larger workspace.
The extra lift on the pressure foot: Janome 12.7mm to Juki 9mm.
The Janome speed is,1600,SPM to Jukis 1500 SPM
The Janome HD9 uses a stronger industrial needle, the Juki uses a regular household Machine needle.
Both machines handles up to 16 layers of quilting cotton, however, if you are a bag maker and use 2- Oz leather, the HD9 sewed beautifully...with 4 layers the Janome hd9 could handle it, Juki could not.
The janome can handle heavy weight thread, the Juki cannot.
The Janome lighting is better with lights above the needle and under the harp. JUKI has lighting above the needle.
The foot pedal on the Janome is a large, wide pedal with a gentle slope up so easy to press, with your heel on the floor. The Juki is a small pedal and you have to put your čntire foot up on the pedal, be sure to check out this pedal and their walking foot. Two,things buyers don't like.
The JUKI HAS ISSUES with their walking foot
Both machines can use straight stitch industrial feet.
Both machines have auto threader, up down buttons, and speed control.
Janome HD9 25 years warranty on mechanical parts, 5 years on computer and electrical
Juki has 5 years limited warranty on parts, 2 years on electrical.

Hope this Comparison helps.
Best wishes to all.

Old 09-20-2022, 04:41 AM
Power Poster

I have the Juki TL 2010 Q and can say it's a great machine.
Old 09-20-2022, 10:19 AM

I have a straight stitch single needle machine and I just don't use it as much as I thought I would...well, actually, I don't use it at all. I keep it because it has this huge table associated with it that I use.