Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
stripe fabric >

stripe fabric

stripe fabric

Old 04-30-2021, 09:33 AM

Default stripe fabric

I am looking for a stripe fabric from the Boys at Work collection by Northcott. I know it's an older fabric and have searched unsuccessfully on the internet.

I've tried to upload a picture but it keeps failing. Colors are green, blue, yellow, white, little red and black. If someone thinks they may have in their stash, happy to email a picture directly. Need at least 1 yard, would take more.

Maybe someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong with the upload -- it's a jpg.

thanks!
Old 04-30-2021, 01:01 PM

I'd love to see your image!

People have different problems, the help page has some good threads stickied up top.
https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/

For me (and since you already have a jpeg) my file size is too large. I go to this site
https://www.reduceimages.com/
I use their defaults and upload here. Two clicks and a drag and I'm ready to go. It's free, quick and doesn't set off my internet/browser protections!
Old 04-30-2021, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by michelem View Post
...I've tried to upload a picture but it keeps failing. ...Maybe someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong with the upload -- it's a jpg.
As Iceblossum mentioned it is generally the file size that keeps it from uploading to the site. I know it says they can be larger, but it needs to be smaller than 2MB.

Another thing that seems to be forgotten - is that the "Upload" button is not easily visible, you need to scroll the screen all the way to the right to find it.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 05-01-2021, 05:43 AM

I was able to find an image on pinterest by searching on Boys at Work Northcott.

That is an awesome stripe! I know I don't have anything like that (and would have used it if I did) even though I have a few pieces of construction type stuff having both had a son and now grandson and working with civil engineers most of my career. Actually I recently picked up a set of "big equipment" dvds designed for little kids specifically for the grandson. Just machines moving earth and stuff but there are kids/age groups that love that.

I know it is most probably no help at all, but I do have a piece that may be the blue with construction signs companion -- or maybe it's just another/wrong blue with signs. LOL, I knew where it was before I tidied up but have sort of lost track of it, but I'll keep my eyes out. Last piece I was looking for was a print and somehow it, and just it, landed in my solids box. Good thing I needed to look for a solid!
Old 05-01-2021, 05:45 AM

Default stripe fabric

here's the image. hope someone has it! and thanks for the information on resizing. that's a great web site.
Attached Thumbnails northcott-boys-work-1-.jpg  
Old 05-01-2021, 06:00 AM

Well that's not the stripe I was expecting! I thought it was the one with the earth mover stuff -- so this is why a picture is worth a 1,000 words.

I am virtually certain I do not have that specific fabric.