Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Stripology ruler questions >

Stripology ruler questions

Stripology ruler questions

Old 02-18-2022, 05:51 AM

Default Stripology ruler questions

Before I spend lots of money, let me ask a question -
I like to cut my strips an extra 1/8" or 1/4" and after seaming cut down to size. If I purchase the stripology ruler it looks like I can no longer do this unless I reposition the fabric or ruler by 1/4" after every cut. Is this right? I don't want to buy it if it's going to make more problems.
Old 02-18-2022, 06:17 AM

I do believe you can. Go to GE designs and look at Gudrun's cutting charts. I think you can make 1/4-inch cut increments with all her rules and an 1/8-inch increment with her mini ruler.
You do need to move the ruler after the first cuts across the fabric, but you can then cut multiple strips after that one move. Go to the GE designs website and watch the videos.

Last edited by sewingpup; 02-18-2022 at 06:19 AM.
Old 02-18-2022, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by sewingpup View Post
I do believe you can. Go to GE designs and look at Gudrun's cutting charts. I think you can make 1/4-inch cut increments with all her rules and an 1/8-inch increment with her mini ruler.
You do need to move the ruler after the first cuts across the fabric, but you can then cut multiple strips after that one move. Go to the GE designs website and watch the videos.
Oh great! Looks like I can do this with only one move of the ruler.
Old 02-18-2022, 10:04 AM
Power Poster

I put the Stripology ruler in my cart to save for later at Amazon. I got a notification that the price had dropped. And boy did it! . I got the large size one for $32.99. The sale lasted for only a few hours. If you pay for internet put it to work for you. LOL
Old 02-18-2022, 10:12 AM

I love my stripology ruler. Have the large one. Also GE Designs has two weekly YouTube videos. Tuesday and Friday. Check them out.

Old 02-26-2022, 01:46 PM

Be careful around Amazon and Creative Grids rulers. Someone in China is copying them and selling them on Amazon. They are not the same. Make sure it is an authentic CG ruler.
Old 02-26-2022, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
Be careful around Amazon and Creative Grids rulers. Someone in China is copying them and selling them on Amazon. They are not the same. Make sure it is an authentic CG ruler.
Oh no, this is not good to hear!! I bought mine from Amazon and it arrived a couple of days ago. I noticed that the bottom ends of some of the slots (the area right near where it opens up to the "teardrop" shape if that makes sense) doesn't seem to be slit all the way through, or something like that. When I attempted to take the rotary cutter through it, it got stuck. I ended up taking an old rotary cutter and slicing through the slits. Maybe about 1/4 of them were this way.

It looks authentic and the directions that came with it look authentic. Is there a way to tell is it is real or not?
Old 02-27-2022, 08:55 AM

I think I would give the seller a call and tell them your ruler had a defect. If you never get a response, that might tell you something as to whether it is real one or not. I think everyone has production errors at time. Maybe they will send you a new one. I have heard that the fake ones are not as thick as the real ones. I don't know. I ordered mine through GE Designs so dealt with the inventor of the Stripology rulers made by Creative Grids.