Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Suggestion for baby quilt pattern using these fabrics >

Suggestion for baby quilt pattern using these fabrics

Suggestion for baby quilt pattern using these fabrics

Old 04-07-2016, 12:22 AM

Default Suggestion for baby quilt pattern using these fabrics

I have a half yard of each of these fabrics and want to make a baby quilt. Have browsed Internet and nothing is "speaking" to me. I'm not even sure if the fabrics go together. I've done little sewing and quilting this year I just don't seem to be connecting to it. Would appreciate any suggestions.[ATTACH=CONFIG]547256[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 04-07-2016, 01:49 AM

How about a disappearing 9 patch
Old 04-07-2016, 05:20 AM

Maybe an hour-glass baby quilt like this?

http://cluckclucksew.com/2012/03/pink-classic.html

I like very much your fabric selection
Old 04-07-2016, 06:21 AM

Donnajean thanks for suggestion but last year I made 3 disappearing nine patches so would like to try something different. Silk really like the crisp fresh look of this quilt. Have lots of white on whites I could use, never done an hour glass am a bit worried about the bias. I think if I use this pattern I could use all the fabrics and they would blend nicely. Thank you.
Old 04-07-2016, 06:29 AM

It really depends on what you LIKE to do. Here are some pink suggestions. https://www.google.com/search?q=pink...w=1093&bih=506
Old 04-07-2016, 08:54 AM

First of all, you DO have more fabric than you need for a baby quilt! If you would like to use all of them, you could use squares or piano keys around a center of another block. How about a butterfly block? The fabric on the left looks blue; it could be the sky behind the butterflies, with the brightest pinks for their wings.
Another idea -- piece the blue and the matching pink print into one or more large 4-patch blocks, and scatter some bright pink flowers with white centers across them.
Old 04-07-2016, 09:06 AM
Power Poster

I like the look of chevrons for a modern baby quilt. I would do the pattern that makes the chevrons out of rectangles.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:56 AM
Power Poster

how about a pinwheel?
Old 04-07-2016, 11:01 AM
Power Poster

I love pinwheels for babies. you could use all the pinks, add a white for the background of all of it. A Piano key border would use up all the scraps left over from the pinwheels. you could even do a 3d pinwheel if so inclined. Quilters Cache has a lot of designs there to choose from, some very easy. please show us what you do.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:25 AM

Thank you all for suggestions, Tartan I love chevron also but am already in the process of making a double size chevron. I do love pin wheels and have seen rainbow coloured ones, might play with layout of pin wheel. Think I will go with either the hour glass which I like the look of and have never made one before or the pinwheel which I really like. Thank you all again for the suggestions. I'm going to starch the fabrics tonight and try to get the top done this weekend.