Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Suggestions for Crown Royal Quilt >

Suggestions for Crown Royal Quilt

Suggestions for Crown Royal Quilt

Old 11-08-2013, 07:03 AM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....
Default Suggestions for Crown Royal Quilt

My nephew has a friend who wants me to make him a quilt out of his Crown Royal bags. Has anyone on here done a quilt with the bags. Any suggestions or tips? Should I use some type of foundation on the back? Any help will be most appreciated.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:09 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiNO1sqCpgU Check this out. Gives you an idea of how to use your bags. You might want to add a light fusible stabilizer to the bags first before cutting. Let us know how it goes1
Old 11-08-2013, 07:31 AM

http://katiesquiltsandcrafts.blogspo...-finished.html

https://www.google.com/search?q=crow...=u&source=univ

Last edited by auntpiggylpn; 11-08-2013 at 07:34 AM.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:38 AM

I tried to quilt one for a friend once. She had set it together with satin. I tried to quilt a sample and it left pulled threads on the satin so I refused to quilt it. I was afraid that I would mess it up. The bags have a gold serged thread and that might be a problem when your foot goes over it. I have one bag that was thrown out in my yard if you need extras.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:57 AM
Power Poster

there have been several pictures on the QB of the crown royal bags. you can search through Advanced Search above.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:29 PM
Power Poster

How much Crown Royal do you need to drink to make a quilt from the bags? (Let me know so I can get started.)
Old 11-08-2013, 01:36 PM
Power Poster

Cool

Originally Posted by grandmasieg View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiNO1sqCpgU Check this out. Gives you an idea of how to use your bags. You might want to add a light fusible stabilizer to the bags first before cutting. Let us know how it goes1
I remember those purple bags. I agree but are they sort of a velvet??? This will be very interesting to see what you come up with for a pattern !!! Cute Dunster. Can I come over and help ????
Old 11-08-2013, 01:43 PM

Location: Moved from Missouri to California June2013 have 1 son 2 daughters, all grown and 2 cats

Oooooh Dunster, how many volunteers do you need to drink the Crown Royal for enough bags. Although I'll only Be drinking for medicinal reasons (HA,) I'll help!
Old 11-10-2013, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2 View Post
My nephew has a friend who wants me to make him a quilt out of his Crown Royal bags. Has anyone on here done a quilt with the bags. Any suggestions or tips? Should I use some type of foundation on the back? Any help will be most appreciated.
I have made 3 CRQ. I did 2 "rag style" and 1 with blocks. I gently washed & dried the bags first. Slit them in the middle and back (after removing the "closure ties"). Open them up and Starched heavily. Iron. Check the size of the bag to get size of your blocks. Cut all bags in the same size. I was careful sewing over the gold threads. They went together pretty easily. I used bags with a purple flannel.
The two guys I made the rag quilts for are still very satisfied. Washes good after completion.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:11 AM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

Originally Posted by Pauly43 View Post
I have made 3 CRQ. I did 2 "rag style" and 1 with blocks. I gently washed & dried the bags first. Slit them in the middle and back (after removing the "closure ties"). Open them up and Starched heavily. Iron. Check the size of the bag to get size of your blocks. Cut all bags in the same size. I was careful sewing over the gold threads. They went together pretty easily. I used bags with a purple flannel.
The two guys I made the rag quilts for are still very satisfied. Washes good after completion.
Thanks for the information, it is greatly appreciated.