Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Suggestions on new machine? >

Suggestions on new machine?

Suggestions on new machine?

Old 02-08-2018, 05:32 PM

Love my Juki 2010Q. It's a workhorse. I have had it 2 yrs and could literally hug it everytime I turn it on. It is a straight stitch only and you can use it on a frame. All metal, very reasonable priced. Great stitches and tension. 9" throat, all metal, professional feet, including the bobbins. Offers thread cutting on foot pedal, needle up down, speed control and very even stitches for FMQ. I have never even had even a sneeze from this machine. I also have a Janome 8900 and really wish I would have purchased the 9400, but it was alot more money for a few upgrades just organized (?) a bit better. Nice machine, lots of stitches, huge work space, 11" needle up down, speed control, auto thread cutter (on machine or purchase an additional food). The stitches are even and machine is really easy to learn. But I have to say, the Juki has a more solid sturdy feel to it and is more open. Good luck with what ever you purchase, if you can take it for a test a few machines locally then price them out at various dealers.

Last edited by AllentownDeb; 02-08-2018 at 05:38 PM. Reason: additional statements
Old 02-08-2018, 05:45 PM

I love my Janomes.... but I have never had anything else to compare them to I agree with the suggestion to talk to a Janome dealer
Old 02-09-2018, 04:17 AM
Power Poster

I bought the Juki TL-2010Q last summer and my FMQ has improved dramatically! Great machine.
Old 02-09-2018, 05:12 AM

The Singer S18 is the Janome 6500, except for the stitch illustration card so if you're a Singer fan, you might look at that one.

Watson
Old 02-10-2018, 05:22 AM

Love my Viking 960Q! Had a Janome for a while and it never felt comfortable to me so I sold it and purchased the Viking. It will be about what “feels right” to you. Good luck with your purchase.
Old 02-10-2018, 06:21 AM

I just came up with a major snag with purchasing a new machine. I went into a local dealership and test drive a number of machines. After looking at them, prices and the financing I was ready to pull the leaver and go for a higher end Babylock, the Crescendo. However, we are moving in a couple of years to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, specifically 45min from Marquette. I need to make sure that anything I purchase can be serviced. OMG....Closet Babylock dealership is 150 miles in Wisconsin, next closet is in lower Michigan. Then I checked for other dealerships and service Center for machines. I am shocked. Next closet is a Janome Dealership in Escanaba, Houghton and then a Viking in Ironwood. In Marquette there use to be a Viking Dealership on 3rd, but I thought they were closing. Pray I'm wrong since my other machine is a Viking Designer II. Yes, I know its old but its my baby. Now I have to rethink everything on what to do. I REALLY loved the heaviness and size of the Babylock.
Old 02-10-2018, 06:34 AM
Power Poster

I have a gently used Brother Nouvelle 1500 and I love it for reasons stated above. It shouldn't need a dealer if at all. It is easy to keep it clean and oiled. It is mechanical so no computer boards to go out.
Old 02-10-2018, 07:51 AM

Perhaps it would be in your best interest to invest in an industrial machine for the heavy duty stuff. Those shop costs can add up quickly and really put a dent in the profit.