Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer issue of Quilting Quickly with Jenny Doan.

Blog Entries

Summer issue of Quilting Quickly with Jenny Doan.

I got this yesterday. It is worth double the price. There is a template for the 10 degree wedge ruler, french braid patter, small and large tumbler template, wedge template for Periwinkle quilt, large half hexagon template, and the flag tumbler pattern like I have for my avatar. I am asked at least several times a week for the flag pattern. Now it's available in print, so go get it. This is a great go to quilt pattern magazine. I like every pattern.
    Got fabric?

I found this one too. I love it. I never found the first one in my town but I did download a digital copy. It's silly of me, but I still love the paper copy of quilt books. Both have been excellent books. I hope Jenny keeps them coming! Your tumbler flag is beautiful!

I tried to buy the mag./book online. Craftsy didn't handle it and acted like they didn't know anything about it. I think they charged my card anyway. Shorty after that my info was stolen, had to close that account and open another. Don't know if there is a connection or not.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Thanks for the heads up - I will be on the lookout

I ordered the digital from Fons and Porter as soon as it came out. Love this magazine but do believe I will be broke if I keep this up as I want to make just about everything in both issues. This is a great magazine and one that beginners can use and understand what they are doing. If they have a problem they can watch the videos and see how it is done. Just hope they keep coming.

Blog Entries
    I have both as digital . Am I right are the quilts the same as her YouTube etc ?
    Finished is better than a UFO

Sounds like I had better pick this up. thanks for the information

Blog Entries
    Seems to be hard to find in my area. Bella, where did you find it? Will I have to force myself to darken Joann's doorstep?

I got my issue last week at Joann's. It is so worth it, with all the templates included. I love to watch Jenny Doan. Yesterday I watched her video for the 1600 race quilt. I laugh every time I watch it!

Summer issue of Quickly Quilting with Jenny Doan

Thanks, I just ordered the magazine from Missouri Star Quilt Company.
    Be kinder than is necessary because everyone you meet is
    fighting some kind of battle

I picked mine up at the grocery store!

Don't forget your local bookstore. Found mine at Books-A-Million. Was thinking I'd only buy the first issue (usually the best) which was great, but after thumbing through this one, had to buy it and probably will continue. Just too good!

Is this the second issue? I have 2, but I'm wondering if this is the third issue. I absolutely love this magazine. I think I'm going to have to subscribe.
    Sue

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    Jenny Doan did an impromptu late night video with her son recently and said on it that if you ordered the summer issue from MSQC she would autograph it. So, I ordered it from them and then called to make sure I got her autograph. They said she only autographed the first one. I said that she stated on the impromptu video she would autograph it. They said to go to the home page and go to the bottom of the page and click on 'call us' and write that she said she would autograph it. And she DID!!!!

I own the first one in paperback and in digital. No autograph though. She autographed it on page four, really tiny, with just 'Jenny'. It was hard to find. My friend did the same thing and I told her where to look for the autograph. She said she would have missed it if I hadn't told her where to look.
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

So now this is the third one.....I was just an a JoAnn's yesterday saturday and only saw first and second...oh dear, will have to go back for the new one...the Walmart nearest me has NEVER had any of them.......strange....I wonder about Target, one not too far from here.......

Blog Entries
    I'm pretty sure there has only been two issue of Quilting Quickly featuring Jenny Doan. Spring and Summer of 2013. If there is another I missed it. I ordered it from MSQC along with a Deal of the Day to save on shipping.
    Got fabric?

Ok then I have both issues...forgot already what was in that latest one....I use my go die cutter for tumbler, a little smaller but works. I have the template for half hex and the troublesome periwinkle. Which, I must add is on that terrific app that bellaboo made mention of. It is called Arkansas star on that app and done with piecing without foundation. I will try it. Thanks for the info on that free app...it is really a good source of info....

I bought the first issue at Books a Million and the second one with a 40% off at Hobby Lobby. Love both of them.
    Texas Sunshine, piney woods of NE Texas

I got one yesterday at Hobby Lobby with 40% off coupon savings!
    QuiltingVagabond aka Kathy

Blog Entries
    We can get it at Hastings Book stores out here. That's where I buy mine. BTW: Bellaboo Jenny also has a video tutorial on making the flag quilt. I love Jenny. I would love to meet her sometime.
    Vonda-Texas MiMi of 4 Beautiful Grandbabies

Love the magazine will be waiting for the next one due out in May. there are so many things I want to make. going to be a busy year

I found it yesterday in ACMoore, but bought the last copy they had in EB. Was able to use the coupon too!

Hmmm I guess I will have to go to Hobby Lobby.
    Join the JUNE Pincushion & Needlecase swap:http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...t-t247379.html

One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries A. A. Milne

Quote Originally Posted by Normabeth View Post
    Thanks, I just ordered the magazine from Missouri Star Quilt Company.

This is the way I got both copies. I haven't been able to find it locally, so I wait until there is a Deal of The Day I want and add the magazine - shipping doesn't seem so bad that way. I have almost every pattern marked as one I want to do in the latest magazine.
    Sophie2

Will have to hit Joann's today while Hubby is at chemo. JoAnns is 25 miles South or 40 miles NE of us and Hobby Lobby is also in Ocala, 40 miles from here. But every other week right now we go south for chemo and for 3 hours I get to go do what ever without a shadow, ie I can do what I want with no comments. They have a sale starting Fri and if I see something I really want today, may drag him back Fri when we go for removal of pump he has to wear for 2 days for rest of chemo. Then 40% off coupon will be good.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast