Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sun Bonnet Sue each month of the year...wallhangings.  No stash so.... >

Sun Bonnet Sue each month of the year...wallhangings. No stash so....

Sun Bonnet Sue each month of the year...wallhangings. No stash so....

Old 01-28-2012, 07:24 PM

I have never had a problem buying an eight of a yd. Now at some quilt shops when it is on sale they say min is a yard.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:34 PM

I have had JoAnn's cut lots of pieces in 1/8 yds. they didn't mind but I did go when they weren't too busy. That's what they are there for to sell fabric both little and big pieces.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:31 AM

if you get on the Jo annes mailing list wich can take a month or two you will get a 40 0/0 off coupon every month good ONLY on none sale items. That is when I get the high price stuff. Here in our area we have a Dollar Tree store. We buy a few Cheapy magnifiying glasses to keep in our bags and sewing room. Then when we break then,like sitting on the bec ause we cant see them or lose them we are not hear broken over the lose.
Jo annes also has a magnifier to place on your sewing machine . A hand free around your neck and stand alone one. I have also found them on line at Jo-annes with free shipping and 40 0/0 off
Old 02-03-2012, 04:51 AM
dd

If you belong to a quilt guild, JoAnns also give another 10% off, even the sale prices.

Dillsburg is only about 1 hr away from me. Let me know if you want to meet in Gettysburg or something like that and I can give you some of my scraps. There is a nice fabric store in Gettysburg.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by LindaM49 View Post
Since I am a fairly new quilter...have sewn though forever but got rid of all extra fabric. So...I ordered this book from amazon (and 2 other books) and they came yesterday. I was so excited but after looking through the book at each month's project I thought...how the heck am I going to make all of these since I don't have anywhere near enough stash. For example...one month shows Sue at the beach so the square background fabric has to look like sand. Then she is wearing a sandle so her exposed foot is a darker tan. Dresses are one piece of fabric but then trim and a pocket of another fabric. Borders and blocks are different colors and then some of them have different small flowers. I could go on and on...but I think you can "get" what I mean. So much different fabric for one small wallhanging. So...off to Joann's today to get other supplies and fabric for a table runner. I kept looking at all of the fat quarters but didn't buy any today. Just wondering if you think that would be the way to go...at $1.99 each. I would hate to think about taking like 15 bolts of fabric to the cutting counter and saying that I want 1/4 yd. of each. They would be cursing me under their breath...lol.

Did get a deal on muslin...$1.99 a yard so I bought all that was on the bolt...almost 9 yds.

Off now to try to finish the binding on my patriotic quilt as a tribute to my deceased father who was a WWII vet and fought in all major battles against Germany. I'm going to attach his ribbons and medals to it and then once I attach the hanger on the back I am going to hang it on the inside of our front door using a wreath hanger. Then I will hang his dog tags over the hanger. (I sure used the word hang and hanger a lot...lol)
Hi, Frist I used to work at JoAnns and trust me its nothing to have 1/4 yards cut. The girls all over USA are used to it even1/8th yards so don't worry!!! Also Walmarts have their fat quarters for(8-1.27ea.)