Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Supreme Slider

Supreme Slider

I have done quilting on my DMS for many years. I've been reading about silicon pads and supreme sliders and wonder if they really do help. I use the rubber shelf liners under my hands to control my quilt. I got so tired last night just working on a baby quilt and wondered if the sliders would make it easier. I don't want to spend the money on it and then have it be one of the things I put aside and don't use.
    Thanks for any help.
    Vera

Yes, they really do help and are worth the money.

I bought one and used it only once. I didn't notice a difference and thought it was a big waste of money. They aren't cheap!! Just my opinion.

I have one also, along with a quilt halo. if I am doing FMQ on my domestic machine then I do use the slider, but the slider is small, so it is only good for working in an area that size, the rest of the quilt will still have friction across the rest of your table, so you need to take that into consideration if you are doing a quilt on your DSM. I haven't used it in years, as I have a gammill long arm and do all my FMQ on it.

as for the quilt halo - it helps too.

Blog Entries
    As Gypsyquilter says above, the supreme slider is pretty small. If you have an extension table for your machine, or if it's flat with your cabinet, consider using a Teflon oven liner sheet. I got several at wallymart for much less than you would pay for the slider. Cut a hole in it for your needle and use masking tape to attach it to your table.
    We are here to learn how to live in heaven - I'm still learning.

Yes I have sew slip and it makes a huge difference
    Brother (XL-3500i, CV3550, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D), Juki MO-2000QVP, Handiquilter Avante

Thanks for your answers. I'm going to get Teflon oven liner. That way if I don't use it, I can put it in my oven. My sewing machine is flush with my cabinet, and I have space on the left at my side and behind my machine to support my quilts.

I've been using the Silicone Spray to get the slip-slide that's needed on my plexi extension for the machine..

And now I've been considering buying a large piece of plexiglass to cover the desk surface beyond my plexi sewing table. Spray them all with the silicone and slide away!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Blog Entries
    mine kept getting caught up in the quilt as I moved it along. some quilters tape their slider to the machine. not worth the trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
    mine kept getting caught up in the quilt as I moved it along. some quilters tape their slider to the machine. not worth the trouble.
    There was someone here on the QB that actually stitched thru their SS.
    Was it you?
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Where do you get silicone spray? Can you post a picture of the can?

Blog Entries
    https://www.baysidequilting.com/stor...?idproduct=729 I haven't ordered it yet, but found it here.

I bought one a could tell the difference immediately! My slider is bigger than the bed of my machine, so I just let it lay over the end and the side, and taped it down with painters tape.

Blog Entries
    I have one, and it works great, but you do have to be careful not to stich it. i forgot to tape it down and it did get caught and rolled after the second use. but after my little incident it still works. when ever i FMQ ( still learning) i use it.
    Patti P
    Enjoy the creative process

I have the clear vinyl taped over my cardboard "quilting" table and I spray the silicone spray all over it. It truly does work great.

Blog Entries
    I love, love , love my supreme slider. There are 2 different sizes. I have the smaller one but would love to have the large one. I don't FMQ without it. I find my quilt slides better and my FMQ looks so much better. I also find my shoulders don't get as tired. I would be interested in comments on the silicone spray. Sound interesting. I also love the machingers gloves. I feel they were both worth every penny I paid for them.

I made a small slider from a clear plastic sheet--used to cut veggies on--that I got at the Dollar Store. Cut a hole and put tape around it under the pressure foot.

I asked for one for Christmas and got it but haven't used it yet.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

I purchased one from my sewing machine store. It was REALLY expensive. I find that it slows me down. The edge of it gets caught on the quilt as I move it around and I spend a lot of time unrolling it from under my quilt to avoid having it stitched up with my quilt.
    I've found that I much prefer putting a layer of Glad Press and Seal. It slides so nice. Just remove it after a day or two, so the sticky stuff doesn't stay on your machine.

I can't say enough praise about the Suprme Slider! I love it!! I had tried FMQ for years & just couldn't get my hands & braint to work together. I bought the Slider after seeing it demoed about 10 yrs ago, what a difference! FMQ just snapped together in my brain & hands, I used it for months until I wore it out (yes I did sew thru it a couple of time because I was just going full speed). I was going to buy another when I realized I could FMQ without it, the connection brain/hand had been made because of the SS. Not to be immodest but I get much praise for my quilting, people assume I have a long arm machine but I just use my Brother 1500. It was the SS that gave me the ability.

I have tried the Supreme Slider and did not care for it, as it was too small.

Quote Originally Posted by Candace View Post
    Yes, they really do help and are worth the money.
    If for some reason I don't use it I notice a difference right away. That is a DOH moment....get the slider out!
    two simple rules for success
    1. Show up.
    2. Pay attention.
    One simple rule for happiness
    1. Kindness counts.

I have the larger of the two sizes of the Supreme Slider. The first time I used it, I taped it down with a blue masking tape. The tape didn't hold; it kept rolling up, and I sewed through it. I've been thinking of using the silicone spray. In one of my favorite fmq videos, the girl uses it. Can't remember her name right now. She has several videos out.

I have a pretty large sewing table, and I spray it with Amour All and it lets things slide really easy

I also have the Sew-Slip ll. It is larger than the small Supreme Slider and cost less. It has a cut out for the feed dogs not just a needle hole. It does not move but I've only did blocks not a whole quilt with it. I love it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast