Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Supreme slider

Supreme slider

Can one use the supreme slider with the walking foot, or is it only to be used for free motion quilting? Thanks for your response.

Yes, you could use the Supreme Slider with a walking foot, if.... you make the hole big enough for your feed dogs to function. However, if you did that, it might be a hindrance for free-motion to have that big hole.
    Annette in Utah

Blog Entries
    certainly you can use it with a walking foot. if your feed dogs are not under the slider. I did. but ended up giving my slider away.

I bought the slider. Right now the center hole is the size of Texas (ok, not quite that large). It seemed that when I was attempting to move my quilt, I was moving the slider with it. Yikes. I have taped it back together and then kind of came to realization that I don't think it was helping that much. I also bought the genie washers and don't really think they helped that much either. I just don't use either of them anymore and seem to be doing fine.

Blog Entries
    I always use mine when I fmq

As I am trying to learn FMQ I recently bought a slider. I like it but it isn’t making that much difference.

The purchase I find the most helpful are quilting gloves - I love the extra grip and control of the fabric they give me.
    I bought the cheapest pair I could find online. I wouldn’t like to quilt without them now.

I bought a slider too. It did no good, same with the genie washers, just a big money maker for that company. I try to stay away from gimmicks now.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I sewed my Supreme Slider into my quilt. Ugh!
    Now I use one of those kids sleds and it works great!

I use mine all the time, even when piecing. I just have it to the left of my feeddogs.

Blog Entries
    I have also used mine for piecing...but I do use painters tape to secure it.
    attitude is everything...the rest will fall into place.

I bought a small one. What they charge for them is ridiculous and definitely not worth it. Oven liners at Christmas Tree Shop work ok and a fraction of the price.

I do not think I would use it with a walking foot - I can't think of how it would help as you do not need to slide your quilt around. There is just a slot for the needle to go through, it is not meant for using feed dogs - I think it would be ruined.

Thanks for all of your input. I am so glad I asked all of you experts first before I ruined indeed a super expensive item. Thanks so much!

I used my slider all for FMQ all the time on my machine that has a flat table - a Bernina Aurora 450. Loved it. Worked great. My quilting was slowly getting better with each project. THEN, I got a new machine- a Bernina 710 - which I love. That is until it came time to quilt. It took me a few "disasters" before I figured out that the new machine has a curved table. My slider would not stay put, I tried taping it and it just tore it. I cannot FMQ on this machine. So now all I am doing is straight line with my walking foot. I guess it could be me, in fact, I am sure it is, because I really liked my supreme slider.
    Kindness matters

Jackie