Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sweet sixteen overlay/is it wort the money >

Sweet sixteen overlay/is it wort the money

Sweet sixteen overlay/is it wort the money

Old 06-05-2014, 03:33 PM

Default Sweet sixteen overlay/is it wort the money

I am thinking of buying an overlay for my Sweetsixteen. Has anyone got one and what are the results. They are quite expensive, so would like some input first. Thanks.
Old 06-06-2014, 04:30 AM

I just bought a Baby Lock Tiara, same machine, I am told, and I did buy the overlay. The woman at the shop I bought it from said I would love it. You have to have it if you want to use the Tru Stitch regulator (which I did not buy). I won't be able to pick it up until next Tuesday, so I can't recommend it first hand, but she thought highly of it.
Old 06-06-2014, 05:15 AM

My dealer said I did not need it if I did not buy the Tru Stitch, which she said did not need also. What I did find there is a little bump between the machine and table and that may help that, but make sure you tape down your overlay so you do not stitch on that. I am using my supreme slider and that seems to help with the little bump. Happy Sewing. I just got my sweet sixteen and still learning.
Old 06-06-2014, 06:21 AM

I have tried the stitch regulator (though I prefer working without it), and it seemed to work fine without an overlay. The tabletop is very smooth, so I'm not sure why one would need an overlay.
Old 06-06-2014, 08:28 AM

I think it is much too expensive since the reason they make it is to correct their design flaw. Don't misunderstand, I LOVE my Sweet Sixteen! But the accessories are over priced. IMHO
Old 06-06-2014, 08:37 AM

I agree with not needing the stitch regulator. I tried it before I bought and said no thanks. Their gadgets like everyone thing else these machines sell are sometimes neat but mostly you can do without. And way over priced. Thanks for the input.
Old 06-06-2014, 11:06 AM

I don't have the stitch regulator but did buy the overlay (and am happy with it). It covers the space where the machine fits in to the table. I have a silicone spray that I use on it to increase the slickness of the surface. I did not use their adhesive, instead I have two binder clips at the back of the table which hold it in place.

Cheers, K