Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
t-shirts quilt >

t-shirts quilt

t-shirts quilt

Old 03-27-2011, 01:31 PM

I know that there are lots of topics on here about t-shirt quilts. and have been reading many of them. I have a huge question for you ladies. well more of a problem. my SIL wants to take her old high school t-shirts that she doesn't wear anymore. and turn them into a rag quilt. and she wants it done in flannel. I have been trying to think of the best way to do this. having never made either I am trying to figure out how to help her. (she has also never quilted anything and her sewing skills are almost not there) She has decided that she wants to have sashing and corner stones on the t-shirt side and a rag quilt type backing made of flannel. I have talked her into using flannel for the sashing and corner stones also. How would you guys suggest I help her do it? or is there a good you-tube vid of how to do this?
Old 03-27-2011, 02:22 PM

I framed each shirt in flannel, cut out a backing square the same size, then treated it like a regular flannel rag quilt.

here's a picture:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-176019.jpe  
Old 03-27-2011, 02:47 PM

i did mine the same way..it was supposed to be a regular quilt,and i made a big mistake..so i ended up making into a rag quilt.
working with what i had, instead of crying over it..

since it was already together, with normal sashing, i made 3 long strips of 3 inches, first one black,then orange, then black again..and sewed them down the centers of the rows..then clipped them so they would rag.
clear as mudd? :shock:

of course, because it is not true rag quilt..the back is plain.

before
[ATTACH=CONFIG]176043[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-176037.jpe   attachment-176038.jpe   attachment-176039.jpe