Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Table Runners. >

Table Runners.

Table Runners.

Old 10-08-2013, 04:35 AM

Google "10 minute table runner". Make one of those (just 10 mins.) with some fabric you already have and see how it works for ya.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:07 AM

Put a sheet of tinfoil where you don't want the cats. They don't like the crinkling sound when they step on it and will usually stay off.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:35 AM
Power Poster

Cats have a mind of their own. A cat owns you not you own them,
Old 10-08-2013, 06:01 AM
Power Poster

To me, that wouldn't matter if the cats want to rest on it or not. Just make them if you want a runner on the table and let the cats do what they will. IMHO
Old 10-08-2013, 06:01 AM

You can try the "TEN minute Table Topper" on you tube. Terrific!
Old 10-08-2013, 06:12 AM

I have 3 very large Pyrenees. They stop at my sewing room door. They are not permitted into my sewing room. The hair and all, you know? They are not allowed on furniture either.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:43 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

I spray them with a water bottle. since they wade thru the litter box too many times a day, I don't like them on kitchen surfaces. I know they do it probably as soon as my head hits the pillow at night but I discourage when I am around. They do avoid it more and I sit the spray bottle on the table.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:45 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

Brilliant!
Originally Posted by MCH View Post
This question made me remember...and laugh.

Several years ago, my MIL was helping me to put a lovely cream colored table cloth that had cut-work and lace inserts onto my dining room table for either a Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. First layer was the water-repellent sheet, then the "silence cloth"(dense fabric that is between felt and batting / it softens the edges of the table and protects fragile china and crystal.) Yep, I wad pulling out all the "good stuff" for this meal. Finally, we draped and arranged the table cloth. My MIL was ready to "dress the table" with the centerpiece, candles, etc.
"No, Mother. Not today."
"Why not?"
"Let's put this clean sheet over it all and in the morning you'll see why we didn't 'set the table' ."

Sure enough, the next morning when we went into the dining room, there were indentations from kitty paw prints and cat hair all over the sheet. My MIL just shook her head and laughed...and so did I...because I didn't have to wash and iron a tablecloth that would have become a cat lounge.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:02 AM

my Himalayan sneaked on the table in Oregon at night to sleep. A table topper which would have served to isolate her from the eating area would have been a nice option., DH hated the cat hairs near his food. Me, i just washed the table clothe and changed them a couple of times a week. Here in St Mary's, my heat is radiant floor heat and she loves to sleep under the beds on the carpet.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:59 AM

My cat does not get on counters or tables. She will lay on the bed and the couch but that is it.