Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
table runners >

table runners

table runners

Old 01-30-2024, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by DeniseP View Post
Do you put batting in a table runner? I never have, always just the back and front and that's it. I've been told I should put something in there, at least a thickness of cotton.
NOPE--most of the time. I only put in batting if I would be giving it to someone and know that most of the time that person/family will be using it under hot dishes.

If it is for myself, I do not put in the batting and depending on the design I do not always use the backing. I just hem it with my machine and it works forever in my home. I always make a set of 8 napkins when giving it as a gift.
Old 01-30-2024, 07:18 AM

I always do. They are so much prettier!
Old 01-30-2024, 08:18 AM

I do, just seems to lay better.
Old 01-30-2024, 10:07 AM
Power Poster

I use Pellon Deco Bond interfacing. Not fusible. It gives a crisp smooth finished look to placemats and table runners. I don't put food bowls/platters on my dining room table. Plates are filled at the sideboard for special meals and in the kitchen for regular meals.
Old 01-30-2024, 11:10 AM

This is a great question. I have the same one for tablecloths. It seems that they would be lumpy and potentially spill a drink if placed wrong. However, I made my first-ever table runner recently with batting inside and we haven't had any accidents so far. I do prefer to remove it when eating, though, as I sit on the side of the table and the runner under the top edge of my plate makes everything tilt towards me.