Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Tablerunner makers: Do your cats sleep on them??? >

Tablerunner makers: Do your cats sleep on them???

Tablerunner makers: Do your cats sleep on them???

Old 02-27-2011, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by virtualbernie
Originally Posted by Murphy
If you make a special place for them to lay they will leave the others alone; at least mine do.
Your cats are good. I have made special places for them, bought special beds for them and my cats will lay on the special place AND on any fabric they can find. I've even caught them lay on a 6" square block that had mistakenly dropped on the floor!
Have you made them their own little quilt? My cats love blankets, throws, fabric of any kind, but especially if it's soft & fluffy. Sometimes they'll claim a spot for a while, then get bored with it & swap for a new place or claim the other cat's spot! I don't if it's the season, but they seem to get bored & like a change every now & then. A pet-bed size quilt is easily washed & moveable. Our vet's office loves them for their "hospital" patients.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:09 PM

Cat is not allowed on table, but loves to lay on my ironing board, especially if I have a project left on it over night. I'm forever trying to get rid of cat & dog hair off my projects. I go through alot of lint rollers.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:10 PM

I don't have that problem of cats sleeping on anything :lol:
I have 4 dogs and they stay on the floor. :lol:
(sorry I couldn't reisist)
Old 02-27-2011, 07:17 PM

We have 3 cats and a spray bottle of water that sits on the counter (island). All I have to do is put my hand on the bottle and they are gone. They are allowed to sit in the counter chairs and watch ... which they frequently do. But they will also adopt the smallest scrap of fabric to sit on.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:20 PM

LOL that is so true, my mom would say my cat was well behaved, but only when i was home , soon as i left, jumping on tables, etc.. stuff she wouldn't do in front of me. She'd hear it for sure. I have mine sort of trained, when she wants to be
Old 02-27-2011, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by KathyAire
Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Hi friends!~
I would love to make one but my cats are SO NAUGHTY!!
If I put fabric on the ceiling I swear they'd find a way to lie on it.
With all the tablerunners I've seen and all the cat owners there has to be someone besides me with this concern.
Make a special place for your cats and that's where they will lay -- when you are home. As soon as you leave, they will do whatever they please. :D :D :D
So will my dogs! I have come home to find that the malamute did the 'circle dance' on my bed to lie down, and he's never been allowed up on it. Ever notice, that all pets wait until you are deeply attached to them, before they pull these stunts???
Old 02-27-2011, 08:19 PM

I didn't think the cats got on the counters until I saw the feetprint on the white counter after they had walked around on the newspaper...kind of hard to ignore that evidence.

If we put something new on the table and leave the room, they have to check it out. It's better to set it on the floor then put it up to save the hassle. (yes they are rotten it seems).

They do not bother any type of food, meats, dairy etc left on the table since they don't get "people food", but if you sit down with a vanilla wafer, you're fair game.

I don't do table runners...my tables are runneth over with "stuff" right now.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:32 PM

JoAnn's has a very flexible pliable clear vinyl. I cover my table topper with it as you never know where my cat will show up next.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:40 PM

I use those sticky live mouse traps to let them know they can't go there, or they have plastic ones now that are really easy to use also. I put paper over them, so they don't get caught, but they don't go back either.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:46 PM

Murphy I want you to come train my 3yr old kitten the only time she stays off my wip is if I put fresh food in her bowl every 15 min.I don"t need that much exercise :-P