Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
taking a machine to workshops >

taking a machine to workshops

taking a machine to workshops

Old 11-11-2014, 05:35 PM

Default taking a machine to workshops

This is kind of a newbie question, but I still have been wondering. I am going to go to a quilting workshop this week, and I will be taking my machine. Which is fine and I am looking forward to going. My question is, do any of you ID your machine in any way? I mean what if I sit at a table with someone who has the same machine as mine? Maybe it sounds silly, but I am a little concerned. Then I don't exactly know how I would ID the machine even if I wanted to. What do you guys think?
Old 11-11-2014, 05:54 PM

You could put a sticker of some kind on the bottom. I never thought of that but it sounds like a good idea. I don't like to take my machine and all the other things out because it seem like a lot of trouble for just a couple hours. Does anyone else feel this way. I don't own a small light weight machine.
Old 11-11-2014, 05:55 PM

Yep, I marked my machine, because in the retirement park where we live, the quilters and sewers group has exactly the same machine. So, I used a magic marker and put my name on the back of the machine, and inside the hard case, as well as the slide-off arm. That way, I always know which one is mine.

Have a happy time at the workshop. Wish I was going, too!
Old 11-11-2014, 05:57 PM

I would never bring my main machine out to a class, but I have concidered purchasing a lightweight semi-basic machine for classes.......which I haven't had time to attend because I'm always quilting. LOL
Old 11-11-2014, 05:58 PM
Power Poster

I label everything. Machine, manual, foot control, power cord, extension cord, hard case, scissors, rulers cutting mat..., well you get the picture!
I use one of those p-touch label makers.
Old 11-11-2014, 06:05 PM

I label everything. Even scratching into rulers with an initial. There are just too many like items. Olfa rulers, fiskars cutters, mats, you name it. A machine is usually pretty easy to identify but I like the idea of a name in marker underneath. Even if something disappears unintentionally, a mark can help for certain. I've never had anything disappear.
Old 11-11-2014, 06:26 PM

I stick address labels on my machine and tools. Don't forget a surge protector- and stick an address label on that too. You can buy clear ones and print them yourself. They work really well on rulers!
Old 11-11-2014, 08:27 PM

I use the little preprinted address labels to--on most everything including my cell phone, kindle E-reader, iPad, etc!
Old 11-11-2014, 09:21 PM

Like others I label everything; there are too many like type items and it is easy to become confused to what belongs to whom.
Old 11-12-2014, 12:52 AM

Take a piece of masking tape and put it on your machine in an inconspicuous place. Write your name on it, and your machine is identified. Or you could just stick a return address label on it, which is very easy to do.