Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Taking up the bobbin thread >

Taking up the bobbin thread

Taking up the bobbin thread

Old 04-16-2011, 05:41 PM

Trust me, the bobbin case can only fit one way, I know this as the first time I cleaned it I put it in wrong, screwed something up and close to 200.00 later it was fixed. I am careful with that now.
Old 04-16-2011, 06:15 PM

My treadle takes a needle that is longer. I just pulled the needle out of the needle bar until it picked up the bobbin thread and it sewed great then. I did have the needle that was in it when I purchased it so I measured and it was way longer then the needles we use now.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:27 AM

Have you looked on the manufacturer's website for the manual? My daughter found the one for her inherited oldie but goodie...
Old 04-17-2011, 06:20 AM

Are you sure you are using the right size needle...I've had that issue before. I was sure I had the correct needle but when I compared it to the one in the machine it was about 1/8" longer. I'm really not a dumb person put sometime I wonder LOL.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:55 AM

Next time I'm at the store I'm going to get some different neeldles. All I have now are 15x1H's. This machine has sewed intermittenly since it was given to me so the wrong needle size really makes sense.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by chiaraquilts
Have you looked on the manufacturer's website for the manual? My daughter found the one for her inherited oldie but goodie...
The specific manufacturer isnt in business anymore and I have searched high and low to know avail to find a manual. Have found them for other machines but not this one.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by jtapp9
Originally Posted by chiaraquilts
The specific manufacturer isnt in business anymore and I have searched high and low to know avail to find a manual. Have found them for other machines but not this one.
you may be able to find one in the Smithsonia(sp) archives.
I was able to download a manual for my New Home treadle.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by jtapp9
Next time I'm at the store I'm going to get some different neeldles. All I have now are 15x1H's. This machine has sewed intermittenly since it was given to me so the wrong needle size really makes sense.
Ask the store folk first before buying new needles. Explain the problem and identify the machine. They probably will tell you what to do that will work best. If the store is far away, try a phone call.

ali
Old 04-17-2011, 10:29 AM
Power Poster

I had the same problem with a different brand of machine. The problem was the needle shaft had slipped down. There is a tiny set screw that holds the needle shaft in place on the big shaft and it came loose letting the needle shaft slip down a tiny bit. I could see the mark line where the needle shaft had slipped down form. I pushed it back up to the mark and tightened the set screw and problem solved.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:59 AM

This is Billy's thread for vintage machines
lostn51 http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-43881-1.htm
He may be able to help you. :-)