Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Tangled Bobbin Thread >

Tangled Bobbin Thread

Tangled Bobbin Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by MommaDorian View Post
One of the problems I'm having is the bobbin thread getting tangled in the first few stitches. My bobbin loads flat in my machine, rather than loading from the front. With my other Brother, I could pull thread up for the bobbin and lay it behind my foot, along with the thread from the spool. Is any of this making sense? Because I can't do that with this Brother, the end gets tangled underneath. Sometimes I can untangle it, but often not. This makes my SITD look messy on the back. kwim?
I have a Janome with the front drop in bobbin. It won't bring the bobbin thread up with the presser foot up. I put the presser foot down, needle down, needle up, lift the presser foot and pop the bobbin thread to the top.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:11 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen View Post
I have a Janome with the front drop in bobbin. It won't bring the bobbin thread up with the presser foot up. I put the presser foot down, needle down, needle up, lift the presser foot and pop the bobbin thread to the top.
This sounds like the solution. Let us know if it works for you. Sometimes our machines will do things we didn't know about.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:43 PM

You can still pull the thread up, just turn your handwheel
Old 07-19-2012, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen View Post
I do the same with both my Brother and my Janome. I also do it at the end of stitching so that all my threads are at the top of the quilt. It makes it so much easier to tuck all my threads in when I finish
Old 07-19-2012, 04:32 PM

I was taught to hold the top thread and make your first stitch. Pull it to get your bobbin thread on top of your fabric. Now you can pull both threads together either to the side or back. This should keep them from tangling. Hope this helps