Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Tartan Patchwork Quilt >

Tartan Patchwork Quilt

Tartan Patchwork Quilt

Old 07-09-2021, 09:22 AM

Default Tartan Patchwork Quilt

First, if this isn’t the correct place to post this question, please let me know where I should post it.

I’ve purchased the book, Modern Scot Patchwork: Bold Quilts Inspired by Iconic Tartans by Kathy Allen. I’m putting together the first quilt I’ve made from the book (Maxwell) and am finding that I have a lot of strip sets that the pattern called for, but aren’t used in the quilt. That’s extra time and material to make so many extra sets. If anyone has made one of her quilts, am I reading the assembly instructions for the lap quilt wrong or what? Thanks for any help.
Old 07-09-2021, 09:51 AM

I am assuming you're making the sport/lap size quilt? If so, the directions state that for that size that connecters 8, 11, & 12 are NOT made for that size. So far from what I have read everything is made and used accordingly, perhaps someone with more expertise can help you better. Great patterns by the way, please share when you’re done!
Old 07-09-2021, 05:50 PM

Yes, you’re right. I cut strips for the full sized quilt and didn’t need to as I’m making the lap quilt. Thank you.