Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Tea stains

Tea stains

50 some years ago in science class I learned that for a burn to put a wet tea bag on it until the pain eases. Well, today I steamed burned my finger will doing the final press on a quilt top I've been working on. Stupid me kept the tea bag wrapped around my finger and continued to press. You guessed it...dripped a bit here and there on the cream colored fabric. What was I thinking??? I know stains have been talked about before, but can you remind me how to get rid of them? Thank you in advance, all the ladies here are great everyday of the week!!

Blog Entries
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Blog Entries
    So sorry! Next time stick your finger in the flour bag!! Instant relief and no more pain.
    http://s1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh485/KitsieH/
    Never regret growing older, its a privilege denied to many.
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Kitsie

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsie View Post
    So sorry! Next time stick your finger in the flour bag!! Instant relief and no more pain.
    Thats a new one!

I haven't used it for tea specifically, but I've been really impressed with "Grandma's Secret Spot Remover". I've removed old blood and ink from fabrics with it so far - no stains left behind and no bleaching (one item was a bright cherry red polo shirt - no sign of the ink left and no pale spot either). It's pretty inexpensive - I've bought it from Amazon and also found it on the "impulse item" shelf at my LQS cash register.