Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
tearing my hair out >

tearing my hair out

tearing my hair out

Old 12-08-2010, 03:56 AM

Janomes have an oil wick hole under the bobbin case. The wick dries out, causing the bobbin case to jump and rattle and then jam. Nowhere in the manual does it say to oil this spot but if you do, your machine will settle down and sew without further problems. I ruined a bobbin case (needle went right through during one of the jumping and jamming sessions) before I found out about this spot. Even my dealer didn't tell me to oil it there. All they told me was that it was operator error, which it wasn't!
Old 12-08-2010, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by Shelbie
Janomes have an oil wick hole under the bobbin case. The wick dries out, causing the bobbin case to jump and rattle and then jam. Nowhere in the manual does it say to oil this spot but if you do, your machine will settle down and sew without further problems. I ruined a bobbin case (needle went right through during one of the jumping and jamming sessions) before I found out about this spot. Even my dealer didn't tell me to oil it there. All they told me was that it was operator error, which it wasn't!
My Janome started jumping the other day when I was using a walking foot. I was getting so aggravated!! I even turned off the machine and walked away for a bit. Came back and it acted a little better. Took off the walking foot and no problems. Not sure if it the walking foot or not now.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:33 AM

shelbie,i am going to try that first thing !that's EXACTLY what the janome is doing !i will post the results ! thanks so much for the suggestion,whether it helps or not,it is so great to have friends that care enough totake time to try to help!
merry christmas,dar
Old 12-08-2010, 10:27 AM

Hope everything worked out for you today. It's amazing what a little rest does for both us and the machines. LOL LuAnn
Old 12-08-2010, 10:29 AM

Things happen and we hate for them to happen when we are on a deadline. Hope you worked them out. I would say thread caught some place on the one. Check it out closely. Rethread too sometimes just helps for some unknown reason.