Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Technical question about private in house livestreaming >

Technical question about private in house livestreaming

Technical question about private in house livestreaming

Old 08-08-2023, 07:16 AM

Default Technical question about private in house livestreaming

I'm the president of a rather large quilt chapter (50 attendees usually). We have workshops throughout the year, either provided by members or by outside experts. We'd like some way to be able to project what hands or machine is doing onto wall or screen so all could see clearly and more blown up. Currently we break into subgroups and crowd around the presenter s workspace and then move on, but this is obviously not satisfactory.

We'd like to use a mobile phone as camera and connect to a digital projector. Our meeting space has wifi, but isn't always dark. We'd have to purchase a projector but are reluctant to do so if we aren't sure this might work. Any suggestions? Anyone with expertise in this?
Old 08-08-2023, 08:48 AM
Power Poster

Office Depot, Staples, Best Buy, any store that sells video equipment can guide you. There are lots of youtube videos about different camera set ups. Our guild hired a sound/video tech who evaluated our needs and told up what to buy. He then set it all up for us and stayed for a guild presentation to see if any kinks.
Old 08-08-2023, 09:32 AM

Thank you! I hadn't thought of home thater consultant but there are some nearby and I'll see what they propose.
Old 08-08-2023, 12:07 PM

You could also easily do this via a YouTube channel or FB live. All you need is a cell phone, a tv set (preferably a large one) with internet access, and anyone can set up a YT channel for free. If your guild already has a FB page, the live feeds can actually live there so members can access them later, or catch up if they missed it.

Pros to the tv screen - it is easily visible in rooms that are not darkened. Cons - screen might not be big enough for everyone to see. You could get a projector and screen somewhat inexpensively, but that kind of setup needs dim light to be easily visible.
Old 08-09-2023, 04:14 AM

I used a document reader in my classroom. It projected whatever was on my desk onto the screen. The lights needed dimming.