Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell me it's a good one!

My MIL passed away last summer. This was her machine that was used just once for a button. I believe it is about 8 yrs old. FIL just sent it to me-after informing the other DIL I had first dibs :twisted: Haven't played with it much yet-I'm afraid to break it or even scratch it! It is a good one, right?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yes, it is. Vikings are not cheap either.

bkb
    never heard of a bad viking

Blog Entries
    as long as you take care of it, follow the instructions in the owners guide for cleaning and maintaining it it will last you forever! my viking dealer insists it is not possible to wear one out :)

My best friend inherited her Mom's machine last year. It's a Sarah (I think it's from the same era as the Emma). It's very well built and sews beautifully.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    What a nice FIL !!! I don't know Vikings but I hope you have lots of fun with it!
    I think it's cute that it has a name :D

Blog Entries
    I heard those are great machines, have fun sewing

pab

Blog Entries
    Nice machine,have fun with it. pab

Blog Entries
    Beautiful Machine ENJOY.

I've never had a viking but i've heard only good things about them. I lvoe your fabric under the machine. Now i need chocolate!

I think Emma is only about 5 years old...she is very pretty...and a lovely gift.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Let me know how you like it after you use it....
    Vikings USED to be good, but the threading on this and the designers leaves a lot to be desired....

the stitches are amazing though,...

Great gift. Enjoy using the machine.

Blog Entries
    Wow,...that is so nice of him...and I bet your husband will love seeing you work on a machine his Mom once had.

I have had a Husqvarna/Viking for about 10 years now... and I love it. I have the Prelude line which is similar - simple, easy to use and very sturdy.

I have two Vikings and will all the use, they have been wonderful machines. I think you got a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by GagaSmith
    I've never had a viking but i've heard only good things about them. I lvoe your fabric under the machine. Now i need chocolate!

That is actually my ironing/cutting table :)

It was all kinda funny. I had first dibs but she whined that it wasn't fair-trust me, she is PO'd! SisIL said if I didn't take it she ( SIL) would and just tell the other one I took it!

Thanks for all the comments-guess it's time to learn a new machine!

Quote Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
    Let me know how you like it after you use it....
    Vikings USED to be good, but the threading on this and the designers leaves a lot to be desired....

the stitches are amazing though,...
    I'm not sure what you mean. I have never had any problems with the threading on any of my Vikings, including my Designer 1 and SE.

I find the Vikings to be very intuitive to use and I think the OP will really enjoy her new machine.

Blog Entries
    Be sure to thank your FIL for being so generous with you. And make him a lap robe in his favorite pattern. He just might hunt up some fabric for you!!

You will love it. Vikings are real good machines. it will last a long time. Good for you.

Congratulations on your new machine. It looks like it really could almost sew by itself.
    I have been so good this year. I sold one and gave one away. Both great machines. I am down to only two now. Well and my mom's old singer. But, I don't use it... ever.

It feels good to give them new homes. They were wonderful machines and needed to be used.

I your FIL is happy with his choice. I am sorry to say this, but, the others will have to stop fighting over it. That is silly. By the way never loan it to them, youwill never see it again.

I have two Vikings, one is a '74 and the other is an '85. They are both awesome machines- never had issues.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
    I your FIL is happy with his choice. I am sorry to say this, but, the others will have to stop fighting over it. That is silly. By the way never loan it to them, youwill never see it again.
    Oh there won't be any 'loaning'. I'm in Nv and she's in Il. A week after MIL passed, they were ready to clean the house out. He's still living! Still buging the SIL to start it.

When we went back to see MIL before she passed, we went to their house (BIL and SIL). You talk about a hoarder. Her sewing space was one big dump. I think I saw 3 machines, an emboidering machine and a long arm. So much sewing crap covered every inch of surface. She's on disability for a bad back. She was showing us some of her finished quilts and would spread them out on the floor and bend over to scoop them up. Bad back my foot. They weren't even quilted. Didn't see any ties either. All I know is I met her for the first time last summer, knew I couldn't be friends with her, and got the machine she wanted. Life is good! (I'm rotten, I know :twisted:

I don't think that you can go wrong with a Viking. Especially a gifted one, you are blessed.

I have a Husqvarna/Viking purchased in 1976 and I wouldn't part with it for anything. Happy sewing with yours.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast