Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Tension when free-motion quilting? >

Tension when free-motion quilting?

Tension when free-motion quilting?

Old 02-06-2009, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by trugger
I did remember to drop the feed dogs, but I think I need to try setting the stitch length/width to 0.
I wanted to get some advice before I tried again!
on my machine, when you lower the feed dog, you cannot adjust the stitch length or width, it sets it to zero when the feed dog is lowered. the stitch length then depends on how fast you sew and move the fabric, does everybody else's machine do that?
Old 02-06-2009, 04:29 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by dojo36
on my machine, when you lower the feed dog, you cannot adjust the stitch length or width, it sets it to zero when the feed dog is lowered. the stitch length then depends on how fast you sew and move the fabric, does everybody else's machine do that?
I don't think most machines are like that. On mine, feed dogs and stitch width and length are all independent of one another. With feed dogs down, though, stitch length becomes irrelevant because you are moving the fabric instead of letting the feed dogs move the fabric.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Prism99
Originally Posted by dojo36
I don't think most machines are like that. On mine, feed dogs and stitch width and length are all independent of one another. With feed dogs down, though, stitch length becomes irrelevant because you are moving the fabric instead of letting the feed dogs move the fabric.
Yep, mine too.