Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
THANK YOU !!!!!!many times over >

THANK YOU !!!!!!many times over

THANK YOU !!!!!!many times over

Old 10-21-2012, 09:54 AM

I just go scrappy! Can't pick colors woth beans! Some find it easy, I hate even thinking about it. I love scrappy quilts, and that's usually what I make, no matter the pattern.

I made the mistake of asking 4 expectant moms (one is my granddaughter, the others are great grand nieces) what color/theme they want...I should have just made the quilts & they would get what they get...now, I've had to buy bright pinks and blacks (not my favorites), and my granddaughter wants her baby's dragon quilt in "Foresty, kinda muted" colors...it's for the baby...so there will be two dragon quilts, one to decorate the room, and one for baby Alex!

Colors...here are two dragonfly blocks, one is a sample (colorful), one is in the girl's chosen colors (pastels)...same pattern...and the scrappy one is prettier (I think).

Originally Posted by kathbug View Post
I just wanted to thank everyone out there in quilting land !!!! I don't know what I have done without all of n help, support and comments. Being a newbie to quilting it can be very intimidating starting and even moving to the next project . I do wonder how all of you choose the colors for your quilts. I find patterns I love but not the colors. I have a very hard time matching new colors that I like. Hard to imagine the new colors in the quilt. Any suggestions would be oh sooo appreciated AGAIN THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP AND GUIDANCE KATH
Attached Thumbnails dragonfly-009.jpg   dragonfly-011.jpg  
Old 10-21-2012, 10:39 AM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

I have a very hard time picking colors still. And I found out that if I ask the person at the quilt shop, I get what they like, not what I like. So, I will take a magazine with me with a picture of a quilt and try and match that or buy a kit or find a quilt on a wall and say I want to make that quilt. That's where I am pretty much right now. And this is been going on for years. I am not great with colors still.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:32 PM

This is where your digital camera will help. Put the fabrics together that you think you might like and take a picture of it and then look at it a while to see if you like it. I do this all the time; it takes longer for me to chose color and design than anything else. Good luck