Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thank you >

Thank you

Thank you

Old 03-27-2012, 04:56 AM

Default Thank you

This week it has been one year since I started quilting. I have learned so much from all of you. You have inspired me with your stories and pics of your beautiful work. You have answered all of my questions and complimented my first projects. I have so much more to learn, so you will continue to get lots of questions. I will post some pics when I can figure out how to do it with this new format. Today I am attempting to make binding for my quilt. Tomorrow I am going to a Shop Hop! Wow. What a difference a year makes. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you! Holly
Old 03-27-2012, 05:02 AM
Power Poster

Congratulations!!! to YOU!!
.... for your accomplishments and for "finding" this place right at the beginning of your quilting life!

I somewhat stumbled over the Quilting Board about a year ago now when I was surfing around one day and looking for something quilt-related. A Pattern, I think? I lurked for a bit and on April 1st (no better day) I signed on and got totally hooked.

Unlike you, I was not a new quilter. Like you, I have learned SO much. Far more than I was learning in the traditional manner. Lucky for you to have found the QB at the start ... you can learn and progress so much faster, than perhaps I have.

And too, I have gained so many new friends, that I may never, and some that I have already met IRL.

Quilting Good Luck to you HSweany ... and Best Wishes for all things in your life!
Old 03-27-2012, 05:09 AM
Power Poster

congrats. you will find lots of information in the QB Help Center on how to post pictures
Old 03-27-2012, 05:33 AM

I used to start each day reading the finance page .. Since I started on this board it the first thing I do. I too love all the inspiration.
Congrats on your first year... quilting is an amazing journey... Heres hoping your path continues to be inspired.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:10 AM
Power Poster

Congrats. keep up the good work and enjoy!!!!!
Old 03-27-2012, 06:20 AM

Congratulations Holly! I too just reached my first year's anniversary on the Board. All that a quilter, new or experienced, can learn from this site of talented, smart, generous and inventive people from throughout the world is truly a Blessing to all of its members. Thank you one and all!
Old 03-27-2012, 06:34 AM
Power Poster

Congrats on your first year! Looking forward to pics!
Old 03-27-2012, 07:20 AM
Banned

awesome....glad we could help feed your new addiction. I mean HOBBY..yeah, hobby that is it!

Happy quilting!
Old 03-27-2012, 09:48 PM

That's what we all mean. The support on the QB is awesome. I'll be online til they take the computer away from me.

Imagine that some members never even worked with a computer, internet, or e-mail because it can be confusing. Yet they learn rapidly by being able to come here.

Sorry, I am not a certified quilting addiction counselor. It may be an addiction but it is so beautiful, creative, and fun. I would spend much more on some other hobbies.
quilting suits me.

ali