Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

About a month and a half ago I posted a thread asking for new machine suggestions and everyone was so helpful. I did a little research about the machines suggested and decided to go with the Brother CS-6000i. I just completed my first quilt with it and I am in love!!! Huge thanks to Skittl1321 for the suggestion!!!

Blog Entries
    ~~~~

Congratulations! I'm envious.
    A fabric stash is always missing that one fabric needed to finish the quilt on which you're working.

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    I'm always excited when someone loves their new machine!!!
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

Glad you love your new machine!
    Heather

Congratulations! That machine has received lots and lots of great reviews!

I recently bought the same machine, for my daughter. So far, we love it, too.
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

So glad you are happy with the machine you choose. QB gives us lots of good advice.
    http://www.oregonquilting.net
    I choose to give my life away for things that last forever

Always happy to see a fellow brother lover!!!!I just love my SQ9050 but don't tell my espire she might get jealous

That is a nice machine. Easy to use and not temperamental. I bought one 4+ years ago when I first started sewing and I have never regretted it. Just over a year ago I "moved up" and bought a Janome 7700 but last week I took a class and guess who went to school with me?

Yep, the Brother. I hadn't used it for a year but it behaved nicely and now I'm actually thinking of leaving it up so I don't have to change feet/thread/whatever on the Janome when I'm in the middle of a project and want to do something else.
    Pat

I have an inexpensive Brother and it's been a joy.

Banned
    It's on sale right now thru Amazon for $199.

Blog Entries
    I bought the same machine about a year ago primarily for one of my students to be able to learn on, but when no students are here, I do use it a lot. I really do love it. I know you will enjoy it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltedComforts View Post
    About a month and a half ago I posted a thread asking for new machine suggestions and everyone was so helpful. I did a little research about the machines suggested and decided to go with the Brother CS-6000i. I just completed my first quilt with it and I am in love!!! Huge thanks to Skittl1321 for the suggestion!!!
    I have this same machine and I also really like it. However, after several quilts I was cleaning it and decided to change the needle and then it started to make this awful clunking noise. I took it to the repair shop, she said that the noise was OK and wasn't hurting anything. Well, I didn't like the clunking noise so I thought back to all of my steps and decided that I should check the needle. Since it worked so nicely with the needle that came in the machine, I went to the manual and it said the needle in the machine at time of purchase of a size 11 so that is what I put back in the machine and now it works just fine and doesn't make that clunking noise. However, I still prefer to put on the binding which is sewing thru 7 layers of fabric on my Vintage Singer 201 which I keep the walking foot on at all times for that purpose. I like to FMQ on the 15-91 so that machine always the FMQ foot on it. You will really like the CS6000i.

I have a 6000i, too, and love it! I use it much more than my other machine that I paid 5 times more for! It is just a great all around machine. The only thing I can say is a negative with the brother machines is the bobbin cover..that little plastic piece that covers the bobbin...I find it a pain to remove, it just seems like overkill, when every other brand of machine out there has a simple cover that's easily removed, I need to use a tool, (screwdriver or scissors, seamripper, whatever is handy) to get in that little space to loosen the latch. Not a big deal, I've adapted..especially since I love everything else about the machine...but I do not like the bobbin plate!
    On the other hand, it is very easy to use and so quiet!

Love my Brother too!

Blog Entries
    i have never sewn on a machine before dec 2011 and i decided i was going to try at age 53. and that was the machine i bought. its easy to use, lightweight to take to classes and friends to help me learn, lol, and anywhere else i want to go. i too really love the machine.

Blog Entries
    ok i bought the same machine in dec. and i have never sewn a stich on a machine. so how do you clean it. that is awful i never thought about having to do that. what do i know. help. thanks

Blog Entries
    Have the CS 6000i and love love love it. Havent had to many issues with that were actually due to the machine. Enjoy it will treat you right.

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Love love the Brother machines.. I have 2 of them and looking for either a Pfaff or another Brother machine .. Maybe even a Babylock (Brother's BIG brother !).
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    My dealer recommended this machine to me when I wanted an inexpensive machine that I could keep set up for general sewing. I haven't had a lot of time to sew on it but it's actually set up in my living room right now with a stack of sewing beside it! LOL

My Daughter has the Brother 1500 straight stitch only machine and she loves it. It needs to be oiled, it is close to the Juki TL98Q and TL98QE. with and without the extension table. Hers comes with the table,knee lift and auto threader. The everything is metal includung bobbin cover.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    Rule #1 - After heartfelt Thank Yous - you MUST post pictures!!! Happy for you and your new machine.

There is a new sewing machine store right next to JoAnns in town. I went in to look around and can see why you all love these machines. smile. sadly my budget does not allow for the price . sigh. fun to look at though. I use a little $ 200. Kenmore I bought 6 yrs ago. A little noisy, but my quilts come out fine. smile.....maybe someday.........

I have one of those too! It's a great portable machine and weighs NOTHING compared to my other 2 machines. I have friends come over to sew occasionally and that's the one I bring downstairs and set up for that and I'm always happy to work on it again. My only beef with it is that it IS so light that it scootches away from me as I'm quilting - I solved that by putting a rubber drawer liner underneath. It happily sews along with any ol' thread I want to use, too. Really good inexpensive little machine; I just hope it lasts. Makes me a little nervous that there's apparently no way to oil it myself?? I've only had mine about a year now, but so far, so good.

Quote Originally Posted by gollytwo View Post
    It's on sale right now thru Amazon for $199.
    You can order it through Walmart for $159.00. I bought mine that way 4 years ago. I don't remember if I had to pay shipping but I ordered it online and picked it up at the store.
    Pat

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast