Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thanks Mom! >

Thanks Mom!

Thanks Mom!

Old 08-05-2011, 06:13 AM

It's a cleansing process, and she knows it went to the best possible place. A lady at church went through a spell last fall. Her friends were dying off (3 in one month!) and she was feeling her mortality, so started cleaning out her house and asked my help. I got a couple of totes of usables. The rest was leftover laces and such from making bridal gowns, maids dresses, costumes, etc. that she donated to different places.

She got over it, and now we spend a couple evenings a month rebuilding her stash :) She's much more intentional in her purchases now, but she's having fun, and I love watching her have fun.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:00 PM

I think my mom is thinking about her age and all that too.

When we had to go thru my grandma's sewing room, it was so overwhelming, and I think she doesn't want to leave that much for someone to have to deal with.

My daughter is next in line to go over there. My mom called her after I left, to let her know that she needs to come over and take a few totes of it also.

My daughter and I are the only ones left in the family that does any quilting/sewing....so I'll have to see what she decides to do next.

Hopefully she keeps some for herself so she can continue to sew a little.