Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Are there any EQ7 competitors? >

Are there any EQ7 competitors?

Are there any EQ7 competitors?

Old 09-29-2016, 05:52 PM

Default Are there any EQ7 competitors?

I like the idea of EQ7 but the price puts me off. I looked at the recently released EQ Mini but you can't scan any fabrics or patterns into this one. Considered buying EQ5 or 6 too. Was just wondering if there are other options at a lower price point that will do something similar or is the EQ software the only game in town if you want to play?
Old 09-29-2016, 06:46 PM

I don't think any do all the features of EQ7. Figure it's the same price of 19-20 yds of fabric--so 2 quilts. I think it's worth it.
Old 09-29-2016, 07:28 PM

Heck, I don't use all the features of EQ7! But the fabric scan feature is great, very useful. Truthfully, I didn't check to see if there were other feature filled software products like EQ7. I just waited for a sale. The sales for EQ7 are few and far between, though.
Old 09-30-2016, 03:05 AM

Best price I've seen for it is at Quilt in a Day. You have to put it in your cart to see the price.
Old 09-30-2016, 03:49 AM
Administrator

QuiltPro is a viable alternative to EQ.
it's less expensive, but not inexpensive.
i have never used it so can't compare it to EQ.
it's been on the market for years so it must be useful.

i have too much invested in EQ and many of the companion softwares to switch now. LOL
Old 09-30-2016, 04:53 AM

Patrice is right. QuiltPro is probably as close as you are going to get. It goes on sale a couple times of year at nearly half the normal price. https://www.quiltpro.com/

I use it all the time to figure out quilts I want to make. Very handy, and the learning curve is easy when you work through through the tutorial. (not affiliated, just satisfied)
Old 09-30-2016, 05:07 AM
Power Poster

I take a picture of my fabric with my phone and import the pictures to EQ7. It's much faster then scanning. Also the import and trace feature is a favorite of mine. I import a picture of a block I don't have a pattern for, trace it, and then then let the program covert it either to rotary cutting, paper piecing, or applock. EQ is inexpensive for what it does compared to the price of other drawing software programs.

Last edited by Onebyone; 09-30-2016 at 05:12 AM.
Old 09-30-2016, 09:05 AM

I use the quilter program built into my Bernina embroidery software. It is not as full featured but it has a block library, I can draw my own blocks, and import scans of fabric to use in my quilts. This is not an inexpensive option but I have the Bernina software anyway, I just don't need to buy EQ too. At one time I had EQ5 and only used the basic layout features, so this works for me.
Old 09-30-2016, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Feathers-N-Fur View Post
Best price I've seen for it is at Quilt in a Day. You have to put it in your cart to see the price.
Thanks for the link. While the Quilt Pro looks like a nice alternative and I was ready to wait for a sale on that one, the link you provided was at enough of a discount I bit the bullet and bought the program from Quilt in a Day. Thanks for tip that the real price wouldn't show up until you put it in your shopping cart or I would have just moved on again.

Looking forward to exploring ideas and not buying another pattern
Old 09-30-2016, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Clay View Post
Thanks for the link. While the Quilt Pro looks like a nice alternative and I was ready to wait for a sale on that one, the link you provided was at enough of a discount I bit the bullet and bought the program from Quilt in a Day. Thanks for tip that the real price wouldn't show up until you put it in your shopping cart or I would have just moved on again.

Looking forward to exploring ideas and not buying another pattern
You may find yourself designing all kinds of things you have no idea how to make! Speaking from personal experience..............