Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Are there any PC Quilter here? >

Are there any PC Quilter here?

Are there any PC Quilter here?

Old 08-13-2010, 03:28 PM

I'm the one that recently upgraded to a Voyager so am not using Max at the present time. I'm not ready to sell it yet, though because I haven't convinced myself that Voyager will completely replace it. I haven't had any time to play with my new toy so I'm keeping my old setup as a backup.

Not much happening on the Max group but many people still chat on the PCQ group so go ahead & join that one, too. Many of us will answer questions related to Max on it, also.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric
I have a pc quilter, Bailey 15 and a Superquilter proflex frame - and I haven't even loaded a quilt on it yet. I'm very intimidated by it all and just can't seem to get my bravery going :(
I am going to just have to go in that craft room one day, shut the door behind me, and see what I can create...
It was suggested, and it's a good suggestion, don't put a working quilt on the set up first. Make a practice quilt. I took two one yard flats of fabric placed some batting in the middle and loaded it. I used it to practices. And as a result I felt more comfortable with PCQ and the dogs got a great blanket! Just a thought.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-96919.jpe   attachment-97155.jpe  
Old 08-14-2010, 04:24 PM

I used freezer paper & an empty needle for the original testing and the first few real designs. Then I loaded some ugly flimsy cotton with a craft size batting and just went to town! I later cut that practice sandwich up and reused it in table runners, potholders & trivets so it wasn't wasted. I did the same thing on my first free motion practice pieces with my original setup.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:36 AM

I did join the PC Quilter group and have found several people there still using Max Throat and those that aren't are even willing to sell system. Thank you.