Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Is there any way....????

Hobby Sue, thanks for the tip. That works great. You see, you learn something new every day.

I'd like to reply about the PC/Mac question, but it probably should be a new topic. How do we start a new topic?

Blog Entries
    Well, I'll be darn. Learn something new everyday

Quote Originally Posted by Cathleen Colson
    I'd like to reply about the PC/Mac question, but it probably should be a new topic. How do we start a new topic?
    I posted the question, "PC or Mac" under the GCC catagory. I can usually find the rules to post, but I have to stumble upon the "Create a new topic" link. I would really like to hear a comparison from everyone who has tried both the PC and Mac.

For some reason, no matter how hard I try, I can't do the trick with the Ctrl and rolling the mouse over it...that's why I use the way I described above... :thumbup:

New Quilter,

If your mouse doesn't have a wheel on it, you can position the curser on the picture you want to see and then hold down the control key while using the plus key to enlarge the picture or the minus key to reduse the picture size. You can also do this on printing, not just on the pictures.

Hope this helps

Senior Member Quilter Day-by-Day's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks I did not know that either,this is great.

Blog Entries
    How happy I am to learn these simple tricks that have been there all along and I didn't know it. That's what happens when you have a computer geek for a husband.. I have a problem and he reaches over me and punches a few keys and rolls the mouse here and there.. problem's fixed, but I don't know what he did.. and if I ask.. he happily tells me in about 3 words and then he's gone.. Still don't know anything. I need other people to teach me things I don't know.. Thank you for your help! Husbands are great, but sometimes not the greatest teachers for their wife!

Blog Entries
    WOW! I helt down on control and hit the + and the whole page got larger. Love it sine I have to read books with large print.

I went to the General Chit-Chat section and on the top and bottom of the list of topics there are buttons labeled "create a new topic" so I did! It is PC vs Mac and so far, contains only my opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by HobbySue
    Try holding down the Ctrl button and rolling the wheel on your mouse, it should enlarge or minimize whatever your cursor is sitting on.
    something else I have learnt today!! thank you

I just love this board. I tried it too and it really works. What fun you gals and guys are.

Quote Originally Posted by Judie
    How happy I am to learn these simple tricks that have been there all along and I didn't know it. That's what happens when you have a computer geek for a husband.. I have a problem and he reaches over me and punches a few keys and rolls the mouse here and there.. problem's fixed, but I don't know what he did.. and if I ask.. he happily tells me in about 3 words and then he's gone.. Still don't know anything. I need other people to teach me things I don't know.. Thank you for your help! Husbands are great, but sometimes not the greatest teachers for their wife!
    Agree

Quote Originally Posted by Cathleen Colson
    I went to the General Chit-Chat section and on the top and bottom of the list of topics there are buttons labeled "create a new topic" so I did! It is PC vs Mac and so far, contains only my opinion!
    Cathleen,
    Thx for letting me know that my thread was posted. It did not show up on my regular QB email today and I don't know where to look for most things on the board. Love the comments that are coming through about PC v Mac; sounds like most people have strong opinions one way or another. Like most purchases, I guess it depends on what you will use it for and how much you have to spend on the item.

Quote Originally Posted by foxxigrani
    I tried all the suggestions here, nothing works on my computer. Wahhhh
    In the bottom right hand corner of my screen it shows 100%, I can change it to 400%.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Mona
    In the bottom right hand corner of my screen it shows 100%, I can change it to 400%.
    mine doesn't either

Quote Originally Posted by HobbySue
    Try holding down the Ctrl button and rolling the wheel on your mouse, it should enlarge or minimize whatever your cursor is sitting on.
    I didn't know that either. Wonder if it works elsewhere too. Neat! Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ritzquilts
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Mona
    mine doesn't either
    I have an AOL email address and could not enlarge the avatars either. Then I accessed my aol account thru mozilla firefox and was able to enlarge the avatars and all the print with the control key and the wheel on my mouse. I find this happens a lot. When I go to my yahoo account thru aol, I can't download anything. I hope this helps you.

Wow!!!That really does work.You learn something every day

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4